Always being tracked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Is the government finally cracking down on me? ;) Well, since Friday my location service purple triangle has always been showing. It's currently showing it now. No apps are running in the background I just cleared it all. I can turn off location services and then back on but then after a minute it turns back on. It's not on when the phone is sleep, once I turn on the screen after about 3 seconds it then activates. It happens on wifi and 3G. I also looked in location services and I saw all apps that requested for my location in the past 24 hours but none were active. Any ideas?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Did you to do a hard reset to see if it would go away?

This happened to me and I looked for anything that could be causing this and I found a few things. My camera app turns on locations services but it goes off after you get out of the app. But one time it didn't want to go off so I went to the multi tasking bar at the bottom and closed all the apps that were open. Then it went away.

This happened one other time and I did a hard reset and it disappeared. Apple has a lot of holes to fill. I hope they get on it in the next few updates.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Mac, actually Benny was able to 'adjust' our plan to hide the gps location icon. Glad you got it fixed ;)
I can see Benny in a control room full of monitorstracking my location, and right after the hard reset was done it went off the map and he slammed his fists on the table and started cussing and banging his head on the table. Then you come in and say "Benny! You idiot! You just accidentally hit the invisible button! See, there he is!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've had the same problem with the purple Location Services icon in the status bar. I think it's a 5.x bug.