Am I able to buy only one iPhone at Apple but have 2 lines on my AT&T account?

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I have 2 lines on my AT&T account but only one line (mine) is getting the iPhone plus the iPhone 3G data plan. However, I know I'll have to sign the 2 year contract for both lines to buy the iPhone at the $199/$299 price.

My question is will the Apple store sell and activate just one iPhone for me even though I signed a contract for 2 lines? And do I get a new sim card for the other non-iphone line or just keep using the one I have now? I would get my iPhone at the AT&T stores to avoid all this hassle regarding 2 lines, but they don't seem to have any shipment at all.

If anybody can shed some light on this, it'll be great as I plan to go to the Apple store early tomorrow and would like to know before I get in line.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I am on a 2 line family plan as well. I was able to get the G3 and not impact the other line at all. It was really fast to do at the Apple Store.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I am on a 2 line family plan as well. I was able to get the G3 and not impact the other line at all. It was really fast to do at the Apple Store.
That's great news to me as the other line belongs to my brother, who's currently away in college so I would hate to disable his sim card (his cell is his only phone) when I buy my iPhone.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
You are allowed to buy more than one iPhone

On a somewhat related topic, for those with family plans, when I was buying my phone at an Apple store last Thursday, you were allowed to buy every member of your Family Plan one iPhone each, up to four.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
When I was buying my phone at an Apple store last Thursday, you were allowed to buy every member of your Family Plan one iPhone each, up to four.
I actually only want one for myself as my brother is fine using his current phone.

mattdez

Jul 19, 2008
On a somewhat related topic, for those with family plans, when I was buying my phone at an Apple store last Thursday, you were allowed to buy every member of your Family Plan one iPhone each, up to four.
Do they all share the same data plan or does each iPhone need a data plan?

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Well, I was able to purchase the iPhone 3G today at the Apple Store without any issues. Waited about 1.5 hours in line but I was the 4th to last guy before they cut off the line as they were out of stock. :cool: