am i aloud to activate the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 10, 2007
ok ive just bought an iPhone.. from Apple.com i get it tomorrow or tuesday... but ive noticed you have you have a "qualifying" rate plan to add the iPhone data... ok heres my situation... im on a family plan... im not the main line. im the additional line for the extra 10 dollars... i was just wondering am i still able to use the iPhone? on my line? thanks in advance

Sep 10, 2007
"aloud" is actually spelled "allowed" in the way you are using it, grammatically.

thanks "mrs." english teacher.. i was in a rush so sorry... but THANKS! .. you help me a bunch.. im gonna go use my iPhone on virgin mobile now with the info you provided... (sarcastic)

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
As I understand it, you can just add on the $20/month iPhone package to turn any plan into an iPhone plan... except for family plans. I think you need a $29.99 extra package for those.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Actually my girl and I have a family plan, and we both have iPhones. Kept the same share account as far as minutes go and just added iPhone data plans to each line and everything is a.ok for us.

Jul 2, 2007
Mt Brook, AL
Main number

ok ive just bought an iPhone.. from Apple.com i get it tomorrow or tuesday... but ive noticed you have you have a "qualifying" rate plan to add the iPhone data... ok heres my situation... im on a family plan... im not the main line. im the additional line for the extra 10 dollars... i was just wondering am i still able to use the iPhone? on my line? thanks in advance
I have two iPhones on a family plan. All you have to do is add the $20 iPhone data plan. You may have trouble activating if your phone number on the family plan is blocked from adding features. Three out of four phones no my plan are blocked from adding features and I had to call customer service to remove the block before I could activate my wife's iPhone. I would check with the person whose number is the main number to see if there is a block. If you take care of that prior to starting the activation process you will avoid any problems. Good luck and enjoy your iPhone!:cool:

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
He's right

Sorry, but the second poster's criticism is justified. This may not be an English class, but a third grader knows basic spelling, punctuation and syntax. There is just abysmal writing going on in the forum, and there's no excuse for it.

I'm not asking for Gore Vidal, but how about some periods and commas? It just looks bad.

I surf audio sites, automobile sites, tech and Treo sites, rock and jazz sites and none even approaches the linguistic mess going on here. I guess a very popular product is going to bring out the lowest denominator.

Its embarrassing.