Am I doing harm to my battery?

jbjints

Feb 14, 2009
What I've been doing so far is recharging my battery when I get home from work with the phone on. Am I harming the battery? I do not want to get stuck with a dead phone. Some of my days are 15 hours long and I'd hate to have my phone die on me midday and this is why I charge it every night.

Am I doing harm to the battery?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i've had mine since july 08 and i pretty much charge it every night, no issues here. i usually do a complete power cycle (let it drain all the way down then recharge it) once a week (on sat or sun night) and it has served me well. i don't think you have anything to worry about.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You can't harm the iPhone's battery by charging it too much. You can, however, hurt it by charging it too little. The battery likes to be topped off, so do it whenever you want. Just let it drain fully and charge fully at least once a month to keep the battery indicator accurate and you'll be fine.

jbjints

Feb 14, 2009
Thank you for replying. I'd like to add that you two are very helpful and are an asset to the iPhone world.

jbjints

Feb 14, 2009
LOL. Napoleon, you are also included in that list. On a serious note, I have read many posts where you guys chimed in and helped someone, at times with a little sarcasm but sarcasm is a good thing.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
LOL. Napoleon, you are also included in that list. On a serious note, I have read many posts where you guys chimed in and helped someone, at times with a little sarcasm but sarcasm is a good thing.
I usually try to respond with humor, because I believe humor is a universal langauge. I haven't been quite as helpful as Pepe and Psylichon in the past, but I pitch in where and when I can.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Thank you for replying. I'd like to add that you two are very helpful and are an asset to the iPhone world.
Thanks for that. As you know, everyone's contributions here are completely voluntary. It's what makes this place so awesome. So much knowledge here on this board it's mind-blowing. Enjoy the community...

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^i agree, and thanks for the compliment. i know i can be an ******* on here (i try to tone it down as much as possible) but i also am on here a lot with the sole purpose being to help people with their iPhone problems. i didn't learn all i know just by myself, i had others who taught me and i learned from experiences. if i don't help others then that is pretty selfish in my opinion. i always tell people to pm me if they have a question they don't want to post about, so if anyone reads this and needs help hit me up and i'll do whatever i can to help out :)