Am I getting free service?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I haven't received my first bill yet, and I've had my phone for about 3 weeks. I called 611 to check my minutes and it said I'd used no minutes this month. Did AT&T possibly forget about me? Shh.... keep it on the down-low.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ha, I doubt they forgot about you, unfortunately. I'm sure that they will catch their mistake. You actually might get screwed over in the end if they claim all the minutes you actually DID use were actually "overage" minutes. You might want to just go ahead and contact AT&T and try to get everything cleared up.

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
They basically don't have any record of use the first month until the first bill posts, after that 611 works fine, to my knowledge. I may be wrong but if I remember right I have heard this issue before.

You do know about the star services right?

*729 (*pay) you can pay your bill
*3282 (*data) you can check your internet and text usage
*646 (*min) will check your minute balance

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
I haven't received my first bill yet, and I've had my phone for about 3 weeks. I called 611 to check my minutes and it said I'd used no minutes this month. Did AT&T possibly forget about me? Shh.... keep it on the down-low.
Yes, we at AT&T inadvertantly forgot about you. Thanks for bringing it to our attention via this forum board. We will correct our records. Please be advised that there will be a $100 "bookeeping" fee added to your next billing statement, for us to correct this matter. Once again, thanks for bringing this to our attention. :p

Note: The above reply was a joke (I hope you knew that) :p

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Still haven't received my bill... been about a month so it should be coming any day... I'll be pissed if one of these days my phone just stops getting service...

Sep 1, 2007
did you get a credit from the att store when the price drop came around? if so they just put the credit towards your bill. this is why you may not have been charged yet, it would mean you have already paid technically. This is what happened with me anyways.

agent0064life

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Also don't forget that your first bill will be for the first and second months service. So if you have the $59 plan, it will be about $160 or so the first bill you get.
Yeah I just got it today... was shocked at first but then realized it was for two months plus activation. So I don't have to pay for two more months now?