Am I Screwed, please help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stormus

Oct 20, 2011
Here's the deal, I wanted the new iPhone update. I haven't used iTunes since I reformatted my computer months ago. I re-installed iTunes, plugged my phone in to sync and get update. Now everything, including contacts, apps, etc. all gone.

Am I screwed or is there a way I can recover them?

Aug 1, 2007
Here's the deal, I wanted the new iPhone update. I haven't used iTunes since I reformatted my computer months ago. I re-installed iTunes, plugged my phone in to sync and get update. Now everything, including contacts, apps, etc. all gone.

Am I screwed or is there a way I can recover them?
You reformatted your computer, thereforee, your data was wiped from your old backup. So yes, you are kinda screwed.

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
If you did not backup your iTunes Media to an external drive then you have wipe all you info on the the computer. If you iPhone when sync to iTunes cleared all the contacts on iPhone after the sync is over then you will have to manually recover them. The apps you have purchased can be recovered in the purchase history. Once you have the new OS5 installed, backup your info to the ICloud. If you have a PC you must also download the ICloud software. This will solve the problem of restoring iTunes. Once you have recovered from the restore backup the iTunes media file for music, movies etc.