Am I the only one disappointed about the protruding camera in the iPhone 6?

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
I just think it ruins the well crafted body lines of the phone. If this was indeed the camera of the iPhone 6, I think it would feel awkward holding something so beautiful with a piece of metal sticking out. Just IMO

Sent from my iPhone

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
I'm sure Jony Ive would not allow something like that to happen. Judging from leaked pictures, that camera lens is about 1mm out from the body. I'm sure they can sacrifice 1mm to make it flush.

Please Apple hear me out! I don't want that penis lens from my next iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I would say I will not worry about the phones appearance until I see the actual device next week
I agree with getting worried about the appearance of the phone before even seeing it from the keynote. It's like getting upset over a movie because you read the first draft of a possible script. It doesn't make sense until you see what Apple offers.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
I just received two Moment lenses and they require a flat adapter with a built in bayonet mount. This adapter most likely will not work with the camera protruding like that.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I find it hard to believe that Apple would want "thinner for no particular reason" if it left the camera lens protruding out. I don't get the "thinner" part to begin with. The 5s is a nice thickness. Just round those edges.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I find it hard to believe that Apple would want "thinner for no particular reason" if it left the camera lens protruding out. I don't get the "thinner" part to begin with. The 5s is a nice thickness. Just round those edges.
There is a reason - a lot of people care about thickness and want thinner iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
There is a reason - a lot of people care about thickness and want thinner iPhone.
Very few iPhone enthusiasts I see or know care about their iPhone being thinner. I've seen a few, but the overwhelming majority either think it silly and would rather they increase battery life or they're indifferent to it. The demand is just not there to justify going through all the rumored issues with the battery and the protruding camera lens. This is all based on the rumors and leaks of course.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Very few iPhone enthusiasts I see or know care about their iPhone being thinner. I've seen a few, but the overwhelming majority either think it silly and would rather they increase battery life or they're indifferent to it. The demand is just not there to justify going through all the rumored issues with the battery and the protruding camera lens. This is all based on the rumors and leaks of course.
There is demand for it and I think Apple knows what they're doing.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Doesn't really matter to me as my new iPhone 6 will be immediately put into an Otterbox defender before I even leave the store.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
If it does stick out, there must be a reason right? If it's a better camera I don't mind.

Posts like this about to be sent from my iPhone 6 very soon using iCafe Forums

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
There is demand for it and I think Apple knows what they're doing.
Who's doing the demanding? I don't see it. I don't think it has to do with demand at all. I think it's about design "Sensibilities", just like all the light washed out printed text we see that I have to strain to read. I don't really care, mine will be in a nice thick case. :)

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I think it gives the phone some style, it actually looks good! I'm more concerned about how it will sit on a flat surface!

Sent from my iPhone 5