Am I the only one not using a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Bennyboy, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'm just curious, didn't put one on my iPhone4 or my 4S. I love the feel of the screen without it and I'm careful enough not to need one.

2. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I'm careful enough too. I use one on the back as the back panel is prone to scratching in my experience. The front, not so much.

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I feel that my finger doesn't slide as well without a cheap screen protector.
    I did recently get my first really deep scratch on a screen protector. Was from a pool table (go figure) and I was so glad I had a protector on. Was about inch long. Would have sucked if that was my bare screen. I also go case less so feel I need something on there.

4. sorbet

sorbet Member
    Bronze

I've never had screen protectors on any of my phones.

When I first bought my 4s, the Best Buy people lured me into a $25 Zagg case. My dark jeans ended up color-transferring onto the screen protector (since I shove my phone into the back pocket all the time) and made the front of my phone look dirty after a month. I peeled it off and threw it away, and haven't had one since.

5. Jmt

Jmt Member

You can only be so carefuly, better to be safe then sorry.

6. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

I am going naked and loving it.

7. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

I was going naked too until a small scratch. Now the screen protector makes the scratch invisible AND protects from future scratches.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

that's why I have a case on, what's a screen protector gonna do? I'm very careful with my things, if I scratch the screen it's because I drop it, a screen protector can only do so much.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No screen protector for me and no scratches.

10. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Bare iPad, iPhone 3, 3GS, 4s and no scratches, I don't know how you would scratch the glass.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No screen protector here, either. I used one on my 3GS a couple years ago after I scratched the glass with some sand that was on my shirt when I was at the lake, but I took it off (the screen protector, not the shirt) after a couple months because I couldn't handle anything covering the screen anymore. Haven't used one since.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Uh, never mind...:)

13. IceCold357

IceCold357 Contributor
    Silver

Never used a Screen Protector and never had a scratch on my 3G, 4 or 4S as of yet. Just love the feeling of a nice naked iPhone screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

14. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

I use SGP Oleophobic which not only goes on easily but also feels and looks much like naked iPhone 4 screen. Recently had phone on armrest of sofa and Labrador put his paw up - wanted to play! One scratched SGP. Would that have scratched the naked screen? Who knows. I've fitted another SGP!

15. KHB

KHB New Member

I always go naked on iPhone. Oddly I have to have one on my iPad. Go figure.

16. Phil DeLong

Phil DeLong Member
    Bronze

I'll sometimes go without a case, but I always have a screen protector on. It's more habit than anything really.

17. K.J

K.J New Member

No screen protectors on iPhone 4 & iPad

Had them & didn't like the feel
    No scratches thus far

18. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

No screen protector. My 4 year old plays with my phone all the time And it doesn't have any scratches, I think you would have to try to intentionally scratch it to end up with some.

19. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

My 4s didn't leave the store without a screen protector. I hadn't even paid for it yet and the rep installed the screen protector. Screen scratches and scuffs make my positively psychotic so I don't take a chance. One minute I'm fine, everything is hunky-dory, and then I notice a screen blemish. Suddenly I'm in the corner of the room, curled up in a fetal position, humming show tunes quietly to myself. Nobody wants that.

20. Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374 Contributor
    Bronze

Hmm. Fetal position. Screen protectors. I'm not so bad after all.