Am I the only one not using a screen protector?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm just curious, didn't put one on my iPhone4 or my 4S. I love the feel of the screen without it and I'm careful enough not to need one.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I feel that my finger doesn't slide as well without a cheap screen protector.
I did recently get my first really deep scratch on a screen protector. Was from a pool table (go figure) and I was so glad I had a protector on. Was about inch long. Would have sucked if that was my bare screen. I also go case less so feel I need something on there.

sorbet

Bronze
Dec 11, 2011
Ohio
I've never had screen protectors on any of my phones.

When I first bought my 4s, the Best Buy people lured me into a $25 Zagg case. My dark jeans ended up color-transferring onto the screen protector (since I shove my phone into the back pocket all the time) and made the front of my phone look dirty after a month. I peeled it off and threw it away, and haven't had one since.

lwerle

Bronze
Feb 6, 2012
I was going naked too until a small scratch. Now the screen protector makes the scratch invisible AND protects from future scratches.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You can only be so carefuly, better to be safe then sorry.
that's why I have a case on, what's a screen protector gonna do? I'm very careful with my things, if I scratch the screen it's because I drop it, a screen protector can only do so much.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Bare iPad, iPhone 3, 3GS, 4s and no scratches, I don't know how you would scratch the glass.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No screen protector here, either. I used one on my 3GS a couple years ago after I scratched the glass with some sand that was on my shirt when I was at the lake, but I took it off (the screen protector, not the shirt) after a couple months because I couldn't handle anything covering the screen anymore. Haven't used one since.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
No screen protector here, either. I used one on my 3GS a couple years ago after I scratched the glass with some sand that was on my shirt when I was at the lake, but I took it off (the screen protector, not the shirt) after a couple months because I couldn't handle anything covering the screen anymore. Haven't used one since.
Uh, never mind...:)

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
Never used a Screen Protector and never had a scratch on my 3G, 4 or 4S as of yet. Just love the feeling of a nice naked iPhone screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Reactions: Europa

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
I use SGP Oleophobic which not only goes on easily but also feels and looks much like naked iPhone 4 screen. Recently had phone on armrest of sofa and Labrador put his paw up - wanted to play! One scratched SGP. Would that have scratched the naked screen? Who knows. I've fitted another SGP!

Phil DeLong

Bronze
Jan 16, 2011
IN
I'll sometimes go without a case, but I always have a screen protector on. It's more habit than anything really.

K.J

Apr 7, 2011
No screen protectors on iPhone 4 & iPad

Had them & didn't like the feel
No scratches thus far

katelynneemma

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 15, 2011
N.Y.
No screen protector. My 4 year old plays with my phone all the time And it doesn't have any scratches, I think you would have to try to intentionally scratch it to end up with some.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
My 4s didn't leave the store without a screen protector. I hadn't even paid for it yet and the rep installed the screen protector. Screen scratches and scuffs make my positively psychotic so I don't take a chance. One minute I'm fine, everything is hunky-dory, and then I notice a screen blemish. Suddenly I'm in the corner of the room, curled up in a fetal position, humming show tunes quietly to myself. Nobody wants that.

Reactions: fury and Ozzie5374

Ozzie5374

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Country South Australia
My 4s didn't leave the store without a screen protector. I hadn't even paid for it yet and the rep installed the screen protector. Screen scratches and scuffs make my positively psychotic so I don't take a chance. One minute I'm fine, everything is hunky-dory, and then I notice a screen blemish. Suddenly I'm in the corner of the room, curled up in a fetal position, humming show tunes quietly to myself. Nobody wants that.
Hmm. Fetal position. Screen protectors. I'm not so bad after all.