Am i the only one that does this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
well i have an iPhone i use internet, youtube, camera, phone, and all the other stuff but hardly ever the ipod. i have a separate ipod for that. am i the only one that does this lol. i am getting the new nano so i don't have to carry two fairly big things around (iPhone, and video ipod) but just one big thing and one really small thing :)
well my question was am i the only one that uses a separate ipod and not the one on the iPhone?

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
well i have an iPhone i use internet, youtube, camera, phone, and all the other stuff but hardly ever the ipod. i have a separate ipod for that. am i the only one that does this lol. i am getting the new nano so i don't have to carry two fairly big things around (iPhone, and video ipod) but just one big thing and one really small thing :)
well my question was am i the only one that uses a separate ipod and not the one on the iPhone?
I can definitely say that I don't. To me that's the beauty of the iPhone - integrating everything you need. Having siad that, because I'm fairly new to the game, I don't as of yet have a humongous music library on the ipod part, but it WILL become a problem for me within the next six months as i keep putting cd's on there.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
I can definitely say that I don't. To me that's the beauty of the iPhone - integrating everything you need. Having siad that, because I'm fairly new to the game, I don't as of yet have a humongous music library on the ipod part, but it WILL become a problem for me within the next six months as i keep putting cd's on there.
Yes it makes perfect sense for you to have the iPhone as your ipod, but i have 45 gigs worth of music and video's, so i was actually thinking of getting the 80
Gb new classic instead of the new nano like i said.

Peter000

Sep 17, 2007
I don't normally carry around an "extra" iPod except when I'm traveling; I'll carry my 60 GB 5G so I can have all my music and some more video on the road with me. I don't have the need to carry around all of my music all of the time though.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I don't normally carry around an "extra" iPod except when I'm traveling; I'll carry my 60 GB 5G so I can have all my music and some more video on the road with me. I don't have the need to carry around all of my music all of the time though.

Same here I have music and actually filled up my 4 gig iPhone, that wasn't hard and still have my 30 gig iPod video with movies and some podcasts, I use it more when I travel or when I am in the car. When I am at work though I just use the iPhone as its easier to have one thing in my pocket, instead of pulling off the old bat belt kind of thing. I think it makes sense to still have a larger capacity iPod, if you have a lot of music and videos. Until we see 160 iPhones :laugh2:

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA

I suppose that is one way of doing it. For me I would prefer to use one device and I find that the iPhone is sufficient. I have over a 100gig music library on my pc and using iTunes to create playlists, I can pick and choose the playlist(s) to sync with to fit my mood. At the moment I think I have over 24 hours of music plus a movie loaded and still have more than 2gig available. I must admit that I have a shuffle that I use when working out, but it stays in the gym bag.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I suppose that is one way of doing it. For me I would prefer to use one device and I find that the iPhone is sufficient. I have over a 100gig music library on my pc and using iTunes to create playlists, I can pick and choose the playlist(s) to sync with to fit my mood. At the moment I think I have over 24 hours of music plus a movie loaded and still have more than 2gig available. I must admit that I have a shuffle that I use when working out, but it stays in the gym bag.
Now THAT'S some good thinkin. ;)

Skeletor

Sep 12, 2007
For the most part I plan to now leave my nano in the car. That way I don't have to worry about forgetting it when I leave and I don't have to fumble with using the iPhone as the music player in my car.

I also still use nano when at the gym.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Sounds as though I'm about like most of the other posters. Any time I don't want to drain my iPhone battery (air travel, road trips, etc. etc.) or need something smaller (working out, primarily) I use my nano. In general, though, I carry only my iPhone.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Sounds as though I'm about like most of the other posters. Any time I don't want to drain my iPhone battery (air travel, road trips, etc. etc.) or need something smaller (working out, primarily) I use my nano. In general, though, I carry only my iPhone.
Me too - AND I have a car charger for road trips that works really nicely. The goal for me is to really have one device - the iPhone. I'm hoping that by the time it's filled and I'm really choosing between playlists at sync time, I'll be ready to move on to the 16 GB iPhone :)

Peter000

Sep 17, 2007
One of the other huge advantages of only using the iPhone for me is ergonomics. I don't have to switch devices to answer calls... Rather than fumble about taking my headphones out and getting my iPhone out of my pocket, sliding the slider to answer, it's simply the press of a button and I'm talking. I hate giving that up to listen to a totally separate device.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
One of the other huge advantages of only using the iPhone for me is ergonomics. I don't have to switch devices to answer calls... Rather than fumble about taking my headphones out and getting my iPhone out of my pocket, sliding the slider to answer, it's simply the press of a button and I'm talking. I hate giving that up to listen to a totally separate device.
Agreed:cool:

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
very true, that is the only problem, i want to get the nano though or for the same price a ipod video 30gb 5.5 generation

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I'm kinda similar. The only music/video I've listened to has been through the speaker for very brief spells and only a few times. I don't yet have a cable for the iPhone's plug for the car and the earbuds don't fit my ears. So I just haven't used iPod hardly at all. Maybe someone has a recommendation for iPhone earbud alternatives that have the call switch in them... :eek:

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I use both my iPhone and my 5.5G iPod. I mainly use my iPod when I'm walking the treadmill at the gym, in my car and hooked up to my stereo. I use my iPhone all other times and anytime I want to watch videos. I am thinking seriously about getting one of the new Nanos because of it's smaller size. It would just be more convenient when going to the gym.

biffyiffy

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
I actually hardly even use an iPod anymore. Only when Im running or mowing the yard. This is why I got the 4gb. Space was a non-issue for me as I have a 30gb video that is only 1/2 full and a 2gb nano 1/2 full. I never did understand the need to carry EVERY SINGLE SONG you have with you at all times.

Peter000

Sep 17, 2007
I'm kinda similar. The only music/video I've listened to has been through the speaker for very brief spells and only a few times. I don't yet have a cable for the iPhone's plug for the car and the earbuds don't fit my ears. So I just haven't used iPod hardly at all. Maybe someone has a recommendation for iPhone earbud alternatives that have the call switch in them... :eek:
I just got the Rivet headphones. They're in-ear, and sound "okay." A bit too much bass because of the direct to the eardrum sound they provide. But all in all they stay in my ears better than the provided Apple headset. And not too expensive (currently 30 bucks at amazon).

They have the switch and mic, and work just like the Apple headset. Oh, and they're lanyard style which is great, 'cause I can take them out of my ears without them dropping on the floor. :)

And finally, they're black, which go with the iPhone better.

I'm sure there are better headsets out there, but these fit the bill, and I can't afford to spend much more.

http://www.amazon.com/Rivet-Stereo-...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1190117337&sr=8-1

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I just got the Rivet headphones. They're in-ear, and sound "okay." A bit too much bass because of the direct to the eardrum sound they provide. But all in all they stay in my ears better than the provided Apple headset. And not too expensive (currently 30 bucks at amazon).

They have the switch and mic, and work just like the Apple headset. Oh, and they're lanyard style which is great, 'cause I can take them out of my ears without them dropping on the floor. :)

And finally, they're black, which go with the iPhone better.

I'm sure there are better headsets out there, but these fit the bill, and I can't afford to spend much more.

http://www.amazon.com/Rivet-Stereo-...8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1190117337&sr=8-1
Yes yes - I got them too and I couldn't have said it better - I'm very happy with them - I would add that I love the lanyard style, but she's right - a bit too much bass. Not overwhelming though.