Amazing how some people have no shame.

H

Hayesimus

I'm currently watching a program about the worlds smallest children. One 13 year old girl in particular has a disease. Some form of dwarfism, but not only is she shorter, but she is also very thin and frail looking. And she is in a food court somewhere with one of her average sized friends, when a man is sitting on a bench in the distance and pointing at her. ARM OUTSTRETCHED pointing at her. Not attempting to hide it in any way. And she sees it and you can hear the hurt in her voice when she tells her friend about it. I wish I had been there. I would have stormed across that food court and told him what a lousy excuse of a human being he was. I want to ask him what his problem is. What does he want to know about her that has him pointing like a bafoon. This poor girl only wishes that she was big. I was however very impressed with her friend. A normal girl who befriended this charming girl dispite her odd appearance. I know from my own observations of my peers in school that its not something that a lot of kids would be eager to do. People are so vain and cowardly. They'd not want to be her friend because she's different, or worse, because they are afraid of what people may think if they saw them together.
That man on the bench really got me fired up.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Some people....

They really just don't care. As long as they aren't that person, they don't give a crap. And that's really sad.

- John

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Geez. On the day before New Years Eve, a good friend of mine (who has a speech impediment) told me that he was at his regular bar with his regular bartender and some a-holes were openly mocking his speech and laughing. The bartender said nothing and it just ruined his night. He's probably 6' 3", well over 200# and can take down guys much larger than himself. Instead, he took the high road and just left.

Where has common courtesy, kindness, compassion, understanding and acceptance gone? It was certainly around when I was younger.

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
Some people in this world are so ignorant and inconsiderant of others. And its really sad. He obviously doesn't care about the girls feelings and what she must go through everyday. I know a lot of kids in my school who would probably be afraid to be her friend too.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I too would have said something to the @$$hole with the outstretched arm.
On the other hand, I have no problem making fun of those people that are perfectly healthy and don't take care of themselves and complain about it.

H

Hayesimus

well I agree. I'm a firm believer in pick on someone your own size. He, however, was considerably larger than her.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
its a low blow in any case to make fun of someone with a disability.

And as it is disturbing to hear of this, unfortunately I am not shocked to hear it.

As for the guy, I would throw up some fisticuffs.

H

Hayesimus

yeah he totally deserves a knuckle sandwhich.