Amazing little camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have seen the nice images that everyone has been taking in the great outdoors. I noticed a full moon today so went out with my iPhone and took a picture of it figuring it wasn't going to come out. I was right, it didn't but I was amazed at the images for such an extremely dark backdrop even though the moon was just a blurry white spot.

I posted 3 of them up on Google in case anyone is bored and wants to see them. I would like to see some other dark or interesting images that others have taken. I am really impressed with the quality of the camera for a "cell phone camera".

http://picasaweb.google.com/griffinaz61/iPhoneImages

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
It is asking me to log in to see that image. I think it is a link to your space that we cannot access. Or is the iPhone being retarded? I typed the link in directly as written and did it through a link in this post on the phone. No go. I do want to see your pictures as I am really not happy with the camera overall. It seems to struggle with light more then cameras I have used in the past. I will say though, I did not use the camera on my last phone at all and that was my first camera phone, so I might be holding this to an incorrect standard that is for point and shoots and not phones.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
It is asking me to log in to see that image. I think it is a link to your space that we cannot access. Or is the iPhone being retarded? I typed the link in directly as written and did it through a link in this post on the phone. No go. I do want to see your pictures as I am really not happy with the camera overall. It seems to struggle with light more then cameras I have used in the past. I will say though, I did not use the camera on my last phone at all and that was my first camera phone, so I might be holding this to an incorrect standard that is for point and shoots and not phones.
The site might not work on iPhones? I am not logged on the site here at work and when i click the link it works. I am not sure why it is asking you to log on. If I compare the images to those taken with any of my digital cameras then it pales dramatically. But when compared to cell phone cameras it is really good. I have had many many cell phones over the years never finding one I really liked (until now) and none of them put any effort or money into the quality of the camera. I am very pleased that Apple did.

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I am very happy with the camera on the iPhone. The pictures have turned out much better than I was expecting. One thing - if you take a picture and it doesn't look that great on the iPhone itself, check it when/if you copy it over to your PC. The pictures look much better when displayed on the PC.

Here are some pictures I took with the iPhone of Williamsburg and Jamestown a couple of days ago -

http://picasaweb.google.com/wolfpackfan/200710WilliamsburgAndJamestowniPhone?authkey=NCFNIiJSirg

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I am very pleased with the camera, although its not very easy to use for covert shots of the secretary's hienie.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have gotten some really great shots with my iPhone. I don't count though; I've had some experience with cameras.

Remember - this is a cell phone's camera. Most phones - Razrs, even other SmartPhones take blurry, badly lighted photos.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I am very happy with the camera on the iPhone. The pictures have turned out much better than I was expecting. One thing - if you take a picture and it doesn't look that great on the iPhone itself, check it when/if you copy it over to your PC. The pictures look much better when displayed on the PC.

Here are some pictures I took with the iPhone of Williamsburg and Jamestown a couple of days ago -

http://picasaweb.google.com/wolfpackfan/200710WilliamsburgAndJamestowniPhone?authkey=NCFNIiJSirg
Wow, those are really nice, cool looking place to!:laugh2:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I have to chime in and say I am very pleased with the iPhones camera. I think it is a mistake to compare phones with cameras to digital cameras. Doing so only causes high expectations.

I've been using mine for the past few days taking pictures of anything that catches my eye. Later, while looking at them on my computer, I was left feeling....not bad- not bad at all.