American Express Credit

jotafl

Aug 1, 2007
South Florida, FL
I was one of the early adpoters of the iPhone, I have been very happy with the iPhone since day 1. After reading all the messages on this and other websites (don't post too much, just like to read), I too was disappointed that Apple decided to reduce the price so early, but, businesss is businesss and I was able to understand their tactic. Was not expecting any credit what so ever, so when they decided to do it I did it as well.

I called AMEX 2 weeks ago and filed the claim, (I have the businesss Gold Card), and they did file it. Yesterday I received an email informing me that AMEX agreed to credit me $100.00 on the iPhone (they did not have to do it since the price protection plan would not work on this situation). They also encouraged me to apply for the credit on the Apple store which I just did and I received the online credit and PIN number.

At the end, at least for me, I got more than what I was expecting. :cool:

bmargolis

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I was one of the early adpoters of the iPhone, I have been very happy with the iPhone since day 1. After reading all the messages on this and other websites (don't post too much, just like to read), I too was disappointed that Apple decided to reduce the price so early, but, businesss is businesss and I was able to understand their tactic. Was not expecting any credit what so ever, so when they decided to do it I did it as well.

I called AMEX 2 weeks ago and filed the claim, (I have the businesss Gold Card), and they did file it. Yesterday I received an email informing me that AMEX agreed to credit me $100.00 on the iPhone (they did not have to do it since the price protection plan would not work on this situation). They also encouraged me to apply for the credit on the Apple store which I just did and I received the online credit and PIN number.

At the end, at least for me, I got more than what I was expecting. :cool:
I would LOVE to know more about this. I have an AMEX Business Platinium card and have been a member since 1964. I just got off the phone with AMEX and they know nothing about this. What card do you have and what kind of claim did you file?

Thanks,

Bob

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Last edited by a moderator:

Bosco115

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Hey guys, I'm reviving this thread with the great news that I also received $106.00 credited to my American Express account. I filed the claim the day after the price drop, and I was told it was not covered, but they would file a claim and make a judgment for their members regardless. Should it be awarded in my favor, they would credit my account. And they did!

I am overjoyed that American Express went above and beyond their agreement as a creditor. I simply cannot recommend enough that everyone here carry an AmEx in their wallet. Blue Cash has been nothing but gold to me!

mIphone2

Jul 3, 2007
got my credit

Amex sent a letter today, crediting my account $215 for the 2 iPhones purchased. Seems above and beyond to me, great service.