Amy Winehouse dead at 27 R.I.P.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sad thing, but honestly, I am surprised it took this long.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe App
Scott AKA RoofMonkey

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Cobain, Winehouse...all 27. None of them went to Rehab...
Not sure I ever saw any of them sober.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Cobain, Winehouse...all 27. None of them went to Rehab...
Not sure I ever saw any of them sober.

Well the only thing she had in common, other than the abuse issues, with the others you listed was Age. ;D

Edit: according to CNN, she had been in rehab:
"Her death came less than two months after her latest release from a rehabilitation program and weeks following a disastrous performance where she was booed off a Belgrade stage by disappointed Serbian fans."

Scott AKA RoofMonkey

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Well the only thing she had in common, other than the abuse issues, with the others you listed was Age. ;D

Edit: according to CNN, she had been in rehab:
"Her death came less than two months after her latest release from a rehabilitation program and weeks following a disastrous performance where she was booed off a Belgrade stage by disappointed Serbian fans."

Scott AKA RoofMonkey
And they were musicians/singers...

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
And they were musicians/singers...

Oh I know. It just hurt seeing her name listed with Janis, Jimi, Jim, Kurt......
I was being a smart ass on the quality of those names/people compared to her.

Scott AKA RoofMonkey

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
We have God knows how many kids dead in Norway and here we are talking about someone who had complete control of her destiny and decided to throw it all out the door.
I'm so raged right now, maybe another day i would've felt sorry for her, but ive seen the news covering more her death then those poor children in Norway, that's not acceptable!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
We have God knows how many kids dead in Norway and here we are talking about someone who had complete control of her destiny and decided to throw it all out the door.
I'm so raged right now, maybe another day i would've felt sorry for her, but ive seen the news covering more her death then those poor children in Norway, that's not acceptable!
Liked and agreed

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

J-94

Zealot
Bronze
Mar 7, 2011
I'm glad she can longer waste our newspaper headlines and tv airtime. No one deserves to die but she was a waste of space..

I don't think that's a fair statement. She was here for a purpose, it's our job to find that purpose though. Her's was music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2010
I agree that the media has its priorities completely screwed up, but not that she had complete control of her life. Addiction is pretty much the opposite of having complete control of your life.

Edit: I see now that you wrote "destiny", not life. I still believe what I wrote applies though.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I agree with you Benny. The tragic loss of life in Norway is far more profound. I believe our media latches on to the most sensational news stories at the moment and milks them for all they are worth. It seems so unfair in light of the unspeakable tragedy in Norway.

That being said, I will not make any heartless comments about Amy Winehouse who did have a great talent. I have lost loved ones and no matter the circumstances she was someone's daughter, friend, lover, and was adored by her many fans.

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Prayers go out to those folks in Norway, they deserve their on thread.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I am sorry to hear she died, but who the hell is Amy Winehouse?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I agree that the media has its priorities completely screwed up, but not that she had complete control of her life. Addiction is pretty much the opposite of having complete control of your life.

Edit: I see now that you wrote "destiny", not life. I still believe what I wrote applies though.
It's sad that she died, ofcourse, but don't tell me we are not in control of our destiny, I've never done drugs ( well except for some grass back in the day) but I know the consequences from taking heavy stuff, so I never took it and I never had the desire too. believe me I could have if I wanted too, I basically grew up without parents so I had lots of freedom and friends who did.

I enjoy life, even has crappy has it might seem to me sometimes, injecting this drugs into your body it's a ticket to hell and a sign of weakness, and that I'm not!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
IllusionEntity said:
I'm glad she can longer waste our newspaper headlines and tv airtime. No one deserves to die but she was a waste of space..

Waste of space? At least she was pretty talented and had an incredible voice.

Anyway, celebrity gossip isn't going anywhere. Regardless of what you thought about Winehouse, it isn't going to change the fact that people want to hear about celebrities' personal lives. Any "space" gained by losing Amy Winehouse will simply be filled by any number of other celeb trainwrecks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Additionally, I fail to see how reporting Amy Winehouse's death reflects at all on the tragedy in Norway. One thing has nothing to do with the other. It's perfectly possible to feel sadness for both incidents.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
IllusionEntitySome crackhead singer in the uk.

Dude, we get it. You don't like her. Now stop trolling.