Amy Winehouse dead at 27 R.I.P.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ignorance is such bliss. She didn't do anything but just be herself, the media does everything regarding seeing/portraying her in TV, Papers etc to the public masses. She was a brilliant artist and musician. Destructive to herself and sometimes those around her, but uplifting to many many others who enjoyed seeing her perform or hearing her music.

I think you should follow your own advice.

This thread's main topic is regarding Amy Winehouse. If you want a thread about Norway's recent incidents, go create one and discuss it there. Sitting here in this thread and arguing which death had more precedence is silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@Illusion, the right thing to do is to recall the good a dead person did than the mistakes. And I do hope she rests in peace. And I know that her music will last for a long time because I really enjoyed it and so did a lot of people.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I wasn't mad at the "thread" Adrian, I was sick and tired of hearing about her on the news. I don't even know why she made so much fuss got to be honest, nobody cared for her much here in the US. The terrorist acts that happen in Norway was something so big that I think deserved WAY more attention by the media.
now let's stop talking about this poor people in Norway here, I'm sorry I even mentioned it, they deserve more respect than to be on an Amy winehouse thread.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Benny, the Norway people have nothing to do with Amy Whinehouse and that is why they shouldn't have been mentioned here in the first place. I feel sorry for them, too, and God bless their families. However, can we please stick to the topic of this thread? She was a great 27 year-old singer that died, and we should all either pay our respects or not post at all, regardless of her life habits and whatnot. Please understand where I'm coming from here.

I feel for her and her family because she was unable or unwilling to break the chains of addiction. I suspect unwilling. Her music definitely trumpeted her distain for rehab and her feeble rehab attempt underscored it. One would think that someone in her professional inner circle would have helped force an intervention when she was booed off the stage for being wasted and unable to perform during the first concert of her European tour, which had to be cancelled.

I'm torn between compassion and distain for her situation and behavior.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Some people struggle with their addiction to whatever the case maybe. Some people want help and some don't trust me I should know my ex-girlfriend struggled with a very high addiction of cocaine she wanted it every day or night when she didn't have any she turned in to one cold hearted you know what. I asked her to clean up and go to rehab over and over but she never wanted to go. It was really sad that a beautiful girl like my ex-girlfriend struggle with the addiction and now Amy Winehouse. Hope for the best for her family and love ones.

moonfish

Bronze
Feb 17, 2011
Should we just hold a pole to see who we should feel more grief more?

It's sad when people die. No need to disrespect anyone

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I don't know why there is even an argument here.
Personally I don't know who Amy Winehouse is or Ryan Dunn. It's sad that they died. Lets leave it at that.

And as far as IE's stance comparing Miss Winehouse's death to the Norway massacre, I think he's frustrated that people seem far more upset about someone who apparently struggled with addiction and was already heading down that road, than the senseless killing of at least 85 people by a madman. I am too.
Between Twitter, Facebook and a few other social sites, there were very few mentions of the Norway massacre, but thousands and thousands of RIP comments for Miss Winehouse.

Reactions: TarekElsakka

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Celebrities always get more media attention than anyone else. It's the way our society thinks. Most people tend to get distracted by shiny baubles. They don't want to actually get caught thinking about important issues.

Reactions: JWiPhone