An admission and a question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
I may be an idiot for asking this question because I have not yet read the forums for the answers to these questions. Gotta go to work and I have limited time. I'm going to ask, and thank you in advance for not chastising me for asking before reading:

I've heard about the ringtone making feature, but am unable to find the thing to make them. Have they not fully started that or am I missing something? Has anyone seen any directions for how to make a ringtone? I read that there's about a bajillion songs you can make ringtones from, and they'll have a symbol if they're elligible, but no song I can find in iTunes has the symbol. Is this just something that will be happening in the near future or am I just blind?

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
The ringtone making feature will be available next week along with the wifi store. Updated iTunes to 7.4

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I may be an idiot for asking this question because I have not yet read the forums for the answers to these questions. Gotta go to work and I have limited time. I'm going to ask, and thank you in advance for not chastising me for asking before reading:

I've heard about the ringtone making feature, but am unable to find the thing to make them. Have they not fully started that or am I missing something? Has anyone seen any directions for how to make a ringtone? I read that there's about a bajillion songs you can make ringtones from, and they'll have a symbol if they're elligible, but no song I can find in iTunes has the symbol. Is this just something that will be happening in the near future or am I just blind?
Starting next week all the songs in your iTunes library that are ringtone capable will appear with a little bell icon next to them. If you want the ringtone version of that song you click the bell, it will download it from the iTunes store and you will be charged .99 cents.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Starting next week all the songs in your iTunes library that are ringtone capable will appear with a little bell icon next to them. If you want the ringtone version of that song you click the bell, it will download it from the iTunes store and you will be charged .99 cents.
Do you know if the other songs in my library (all 20,000 of them), most of them NOT purchased on iTunes will be available as ringtones? My guess is no, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.