An easy fix for minor scratches on the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
For those iPhone fanatics who hate the scratches on their chrome bezel or back, especially if they were caused by using the incase, heres what you can do:, get yourself a dremmel ( a tool for working on fine intricate projects, not expensive) and put on a very small buff pad, (usually comes with the dremmel), then tape up your open ports and speaker holes on the iPhone with a little scotch tape, then you need some chrome polish, i used mothers chrome polish for metal and plastic (no, not my mother, the dear old woman has all to do to polish her dentures) Mothers is the brand name.
and load up your buff pad with some polish, and start buffing. Best to keep on a low setting with minimal pressure, and careful not to let anything else touch the iPhone but the buff pad. Most if not all scratches will come out if they are surface scratches and it will shine like new again.
don't forget to buff out the Apple on the back.
I cant believe i wrote a post on buffing out a cell phone,
i got too much time on my hands

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
i don't use a case and haven't gotten any scratches on it. slips in to my pocket and right back out lol. thats my case.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I just don't know what to say.

I guess this could work but a dremel nor any polish of any sort will be coming near my iPhone. I guess if I got crazy desperate one day maybe...

In the past I have used Plexus on my smartphone screens but I will not even use this on the iPhone screen.

I could be in the minority but when I read dremel and iPhone I cringed.

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
I just don't know what to say.

I guess this could work but a dremel nor any polish of any sort will be coming near my iPhone. I guess if I got crazy desperate one day maybe...

In the past I have used Plexus on my smartphone screens but I will not even use this on the iPhone screen.

I could be in the minority but when I read dremel and iPhone I cringed.
LOL... I know what you mean. I did however dremel a couple pairs of headphones so they would work with my iPhone. That was a great temporary fix until I received my adapter jack. Now all my headphones and my car adapter and my computer speakers at work and all other 3.5mm jacks work thanks to my EIP store bought adapter. :)