An honest question about Apple?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Why aren't they selling games and other apps? I'm the furthest thing from an Apple basher, I'm just curious.

They would make a lot of money wouldn't they? Am I wrong?

Doesn't it make sense to sell things on iTunes that we could buy?

Like I said, I'm not gripping or bitching . I'm just confused

Thanks

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Why aren't they selling games and other apps? I'm the furthest thing from an Apple basher, I'm just curious.

Thanks
I too would LOVE to know.. I'm thinking, in the future we will see something like this.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Ok, I thought it might just be something I was missing. I'm new to the cell phone game.
I've had different cell phones for years, but this is the first "nice" phone I've ever owned.
So I have never thought about this kind of stuff before.

I'm just scratching my head as to why they arent giving people different options.

Especially considering the fact they don't want people modding their phones. I haven't modded and don't really want to. I don't mind paying for something that's going to be good quality.

But if they arent going to give us anything official, i'm sure that people like me will start getting tempted to tinker around with the free options available online.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
well understand that it is NOT illegal to "mod" your phone. It is actually fun and a learning experience that goes far beyond a telephone. A short and tight learning curve must be mastered and you're on your way. You just can't screw up unless you try to go outside of AT&T. And even then I think there's work arounds... But if you are an AT&T customer than mod your ass off guilt and risk free!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

Thanks
I often think about this also...

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
well understand that it is NOT illegal to "mod" your phone. It is actually fun and a learning experience that goes far beyond a telephone. A short and tight learning curve must be mastered and you're on your way. You just can't screw up unless you try to go outside of AT&T. And even then I think there's work arounds... But if you are an AT&T customer than mod your ass off guilt and risk free!
I'm on AT&T and like I said I haven't modded. I am the kind of person that is well aware of Murphy's Law.
If something is going to go wrong, it will be with me. I'll be the guy who puts a few apps on my phone and then BOOM, the next update will brick my phone.:)

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Apple has publicly stated they are working on games for the iPhone... and not the Web 2.0 variety... they will have stand alone apps for us in the not to distant future.

Be patient, they are coming. I want to them too!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I'm on AT&T and like I said I haven't modded. I am the kind of person that is well aware of Murphy's Law.
If something is going to go wrong, it will be with me. I'll be the guy who puts a few apps on my phone and then BOOM, the next update will brick my phone.:)
FIRST read your ass off on previous forums here. Search and search again for any thing that has to do with reformatting or downgrading firmware just in case.
SECOND read your ass off and research ibrickr for windows and ifuntastic for mac or whatever
THIRD mod your ass off. Problems arise? Reformat and mod your ass off. You will not have any permanent issues modding if you are with AT&T. I think EVERYONE one this site with any creditability will concur with me. ...

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Thanks
Your post was in no way Apple bashing, bitching or complaining. IMO anyways.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Apple has publicly stated they are working on games for the iPhone... and not the Web 2.0 variety... they will have stand alone apps for us in the not to distant future.

Good thing I don't pay for activation. I may come back to the iPhone when they get it right.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007

Let me ask you (or anyone else), can we just expect games or maybe other applications?
Or is it just "wait till iPhone 2 comes out"?

I know that we are all just speculating, but I'm coming from a place of zero knowledge.

Any chance we could buy things like cut and paste? Anything of that nature. I would of course rather have it for free, but if it's pay for it or not have it... i'll pay.

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but it's starting to bug me how Apple does things.

I'm used to other company's that say " In the next six months we will be coming out with xxxx new product".
What is the benefit to Apple being so secretive?

LOL... ok, now i'm getting mad.:laugh2:

Not really, but the more I think about it, the weirder this whole thing seems. Alot of you guys have probably been at the point im at for awhile, so you know how I feel.

<-----sorry for being a pain

I'm very surprised that Apple hasn't made a few games available yet. They have already made some games available for the classics and they have only been around a month now. Vortex is very cool! The graphics on these games are amazing.

I'm sure games for the iPhone/Touch will be here eventually.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
FIRST read your ass off on previous forums here. Search and search again for any thing that has to do with reformatting or downgrading firmware just in case.
SECOND read your ass off and research ibrickr for windows and ifuntastic for mac or whatever
THIRD mod your ass off. Problems arise? Reformat and mod your ass off. You will not have any permanent issues modding if you are with AT&T. I think EVERYONE one this site with any creditability will concur with me. ...
Try even basic modding if you are on version 1.02. That is what I am running and I recently did the apptap installation and am running the customize, summerboard, and dock applications just so I can spice the phone up a little bit. If I even encounter a phone problem I can simply restore to 1.02 (since I never updated my phone and never updated my iTunes - though not sure if the version of iTunes matters). If I ever need to take it in for repairs I can simply restore to 1.02 and bring it in.