An undocumented 2.2 feature? . . .

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
This never happened before the 2.2. update.

When I go to this screen:

and choose "Passcode Lock" (to set the amount of time before it prompts me for a password), I now get presented with this screen:

which is a good addition, IMO. However, it doesn't appear when you choose to go to change "Auto-Lock" or to change the "Restrictions".

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
My iPhone has always asked me for my password when going into that menu...

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
My iPhone has always asked me for my password when going into that menu...
That's strange because I am required to have a password and I normally set that setting to "Immediately". I usually temporarily set it to "15 minutes" when I'm listening to my music, but switch it back afterwards. What I'm saying is that I am always in that screen and it never used to prompt me for my passcode until after this latest update (2.2).

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have to go with everyone else on this one. I have always had that as well.
In fact, I don't recall a setting for how long till it prompts. I would have liked that!

*edit* - just found it. Probably haven't seen it since I don't use the passlock that often.

**edit** just disregard the entire post. ;)

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
I have to go with everyone else on this one. I have always had that as well.
In fact, I don't recall a setting for how long till it prompts. I would have liked that!

*edit* - just found it. Probably haven't seen it since I don't use the passlock that often.
So, on one hand you're saying that is has always been there, yet on the other hand you say you "don't recall a setting for how long till it prompts." Then how do you know it has always been there? ;)

The "how long till it prompts" setting now prompts for a password for you to even change it. That's what I'm saying is new--not the setting itself, but the prompt for a passcode just to set it.