an upgraded SMS app idea.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
H

Hayesimus

what about this. the look will be exactly the same but you can tap a message bubble that is already on the screen and menu will pop up saying something like, "delete"-so you can delete a single bubble. i know i want this. so that you won't lose the whole conversation, just maybe that one inappropriate message. "resend"-my friends phone selectively omits some of my texts and so if it is a really long message it is a pain to type it again. "forward"-which would bring up a new message page. and "exit"-which will close the menu. oh and maybe even a "copy" selection lol anybody got any other suggestions?

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
that is a good idea...but an even better one, how about just flat text lines and no bubbles for the chat text, unless of course you can already do this and I haven't found it?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
what about this. the look will be exactly the same but you can tap a message bubble that is already on the screen and menu will pop up saying something like, "delete"-so you can delete a single bubble. i know i want this. so that you won't lose the whole conversation, just maybe that one inappropriate message. "resend"-my friends phone selectively omits some of my texts and so if it is a really long message it is a pain to type it again. "forward"-which would bring up a new message page. and "exit"-which will close the menu. oh and maybe even a "copy" selection lol anybody got any other suggestions?
This is such a good idea, I've been surprised since Day 1 that it wasn't already included. And I continue to be shocked with each update that doesn't add it. Single text deletion and forwarding is not a special feature, it's a basic one that even the cheapest cell phone sold in the US today has. Also, ahem, mass texting? Unlimited storage?

Ironically, iPhone texting is still the best texting I've ever seen...

Oct 11, 2007
Yeah that sounds pretty awesome, though I'd also like an option to back up the whole conversation and send it to email or upload it to a computer or something without having to modify my phone.

It would also be cool to have an option to change the style of conversations like changing the color of the bubbles or having flat text lines like swampduck said.

Teejo

Oct 24, 2007
I like the bubbles but would love for an app to keep a new txt from just popping up. I know that if you set a password that this will not happen but its just another step to go through to access my phone. Would also like to have the option to pw protect access to my messages.

T-

Sep 29, 2007
THERE IS AN APPLICATION TO DELEAT SINGLE SMS MESSAGES ON THE iPhone. But it requires Installer.App. The application is free (like normal) and was just released today I beilve. Check recently added in installer app for more details.

DMSROX2

Oct 18, 2007
I came to the iPhone from being a Treo 650 then Treo700P user. I really like the iPhone, but miss the Treo SMS. The ablity to send to many receipents, single text deletes AND QUICK ENTRIES are badly missed. For me it has been a huge adaption going from the speed of Treo keyboard entry to my fat fingers on the iPhone.

The thing about the iPhone is these and other shortcomings can corrected by software updates.

Just my opinion...............

H

Hayesimus

I'm not talking only about things we want it to do, but also HOW we want it to do them. As I said soo long ago, I wish that you could just tap the bubble and then be given an option to delete, forward, etc... maybe even lock so it won't get deleted..

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
nah, see, i think there should be like a zooming effect.

listen.

you double tap a bubble, and the whole screen like zooms into the bubble, where you can modify it, resend it, forward it, or delete it.

if that makes sense at all, its right here in my head.

caboose

Bronze
Nov 19, 2007
I know. The aim chat program I use has a option for landscape keyboard. I would use SMSd if it also included a landscape keyboard.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Hayesimus I missed this thread when it was started. What a brilliant idea! It can't be that difficult to implement! I would at least hope these features are added to 2.0, even if they aren't via your cool bubble tap method.