....AND IT BEGINS! iPad Theft and a Pinky! Really guys? Really?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I always question why people want to show off their new shiny iPhones. I hear a number of people say they don't want to put their iPhones in cases because they want to 'show it off'. I don't think that is such a bright idea. They are just advertising to the world what they are carrying around. It is so important to always be aware of your surroundings and the people around you.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I always question why people want to show off their new shiny iPhones. I hear a number of people say they don't want to put their iPhones in cases because they want to 'show it off'. I don't think that is such a bright idea. They are just advertising to the world what they are carrying around. It is so important to always be aware of your surroundings and the people around you.
Yeah I totally agree with this. Even if you have a case on it most people can see that its an iPhone IMO.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You ever notice how thieves seem to target Apple products? Why don't they steal Microsoft mobiles, Palm, Androids, HTC? Is it possible thieves know quality? LOL

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You ever notice how thieves seem to target Apple products? Why don't they steal Microsoft mobiles, Palm, Androids, HTC? Is it possible thieves know quality? LOL
Apple products hold their value and sell quick and easy. Many of them probably want the money for drugs.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Plavix? That's sad!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Plavix? Naw. I go for the good stuff, such as ibuprofen and maple nut goodies.

And yes, Nurse Mindi - maple nut goodies are in the Physician's Desk Reference. Look it up.

V

vlustig

Those criminals should be in Jail, hope they caught them.

It seems interesting how constantly create products that get people in a fanatical mode...

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
This is an argument for home delivery or at least be packing when you visit your Apple store to buy your iPad. These idiots out here are really brazen! It's gettin stupid! I feel for the man. The picture didn't come out but it's a picture of the victim sitting on a couch talking to the news anchor with his left hand bandaged up. I hope the stupid idiots who did this are caught. Be careful, be aware and hold on to your Pinky's. Apparently thieves take those too these days!

I got the below story from MacDailyNews.

iPad Thief Rips Off Victim's Pinky, Too
April 20, 2010
A brazen theft in the Cherry Creek Mall left the victim with a permanent injury to his hand. He had just bought an iPad as a favor for a friend.

Bill Jordan told CBS station KCNC he moved his family to Colorado from New Jersey 15 years ago to get away from a crime there. Now after the iPad theft, he said his life and the life of his family will never be the same.

"I saw just a bone, all the skin and tendons and everything were off," Jordan said, describing the violent robbery that tore off part of his finger.

"It's like a bad dream," he said.

Last Thursday afternoon the 59-year-old Aurora man walked into the Apple store to pick up an iPad for a co-worker.

"I had been asked by one of my colleagues in Canada to pick up an iPad for someone who is being promoted."

Jordan left the store with his iPad bag tied around his hand. Unreleased surveillance film shows two young men following him.

"The film shows them walking right behind me down the stairs as I was going out the store."

A few feet from the doors to the parking garage Jordan felt a violent tugging at his arm. He looked down and saw a young man trying to grab his bag.

"He was almost sitting on the ground he was pulling so hard and it was still tied around my fingers; and it wouldn't come off and then finally he gave it one big jerk; and that's when he stripped the skin off my pinky and it went right down to the bone."

The robber grabbed the iPad and ran out of the mall.

Jordan said he went into shock and used napkins from a food vendor to try and stop the bleeding. Paramedics rushed him to a hand surgeon who told him part of his left pinky would have to be amputated.

Now with his hand covered in bandages and his life changed forever, Jordan has a message for the brazen criminals who changed his life forever.

"I hope you understand what you've done to my life and my family's life for a simple piece of apparatus that'll be junk in a couple of years."

Watch the full KCNC interview with Bill Jordan
WTF!? Some people are really ****ing psycho! Poor guy..............losing a FINGER! OVER AN IPAD! What the **** is the world coming too............?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
YUP! THEY GOT EM'!

Suspect arrested in iPad theft
By Kirk Mitchell
The Denver Post
POSTED: 04/24/2010 08:50:34 AM MDT
UPDATED: 04/27/2010 08:31:17 AM MDT
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14951971
Brandon Darnell Smith (Denver Police Department)
RELATED
Apr 23:
Suspect ID'd in iPad theft
Apr 21:
Robbery victim loses most of pinky in iPad theft
Apr 20:
Man who lost pinky in iPad theft: 'It hurts a lot'
A man who allegedly mangled a man's pinky so severely during an iPad theft that the finger later was amputated was arrested early this morning, police say.

Brandon Darnell Smith, 20, was arrested at 1:14 a.m. without incident at his home, said Sonny Jackson, Denver police spokesman.

He is being held for investigation of second-degree assault and robbery in the April 15 strong-arm robbery of Bill Jordan, 59, according to Jackson.

The theft happened that afternoon at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center.

Jordan previously told a reporter that he had just bought the iPad for a friend in Canada and was near the parking lot when the suspect struck.

The suspect jerked so hard it stripped the skin on part of Jordan's pinky to the bone.

At first he took off running after the suspect but saw blood on his hand and went for medical attention instead.

Kirk Mitchell: 303-954-1206 or kmitchell@denverpost.com

JusSumguy

Bronze
Apr 6, 2010
Note to self: Don't wrap shopping bag cord around finger.

-

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
i was at that mall as this happened LOL funny story poor dude, but nodody seemed to really help him from what i heard

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Note to self: Don't wrap shopping bag cord around finger.

-
That's very good advice. If you're just holding the bag loosely in your hand, it's less likely to deglove a finger when snatched.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Maybe Apple can use this for good press...Replace the ipad and give the guy another one for his trouble.