Android

Summertop511

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
My coworker got a Samsung something Android. And I fell in love with the screen. I know everything about fragmented And screwed up Android is but it seemed to work quite well. Doesn't anyone else wish the iPhone had a bigger screen I feel like I got a piece of out dated 4s.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
My coworker got a Samsung something Android. And I fell in love with the screen. I know everything about fragmented And screwed up Android is but it seemed to work quite well. Doesn't anyone else wish the iPhone had a bigger screen I feel like I got a piece of out dated 4s.
Get an iPad.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
The second the word 'Android' is used on eiC everyone becomes sarcastic :(

It's only an OS, it's not that bad. The biggest flaw is the hardware on which it runs.

Tnakajima702

Bronze
Nov 23, 2011
Samsung are good phones. I had the epic for sprint before this 4s and I loved it . I got tired of Android so I came to Apple side!

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
It would be another thread, but I wonder if screen size is the most often repeated discussion here:rolleyes:

And my answer is, No. Can't see why anyone would ever need it in a phone that they want to put in their pocket! As mentioned, that's why they make iPads.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It would be another thread, but I wonder if screen size is the most often repeated discussion here:rolleyes:

And my answer is, No. Can't see why anyone would ever need it in a phone that they want to put in their pocket! As mentioned, that's why they make iPads.
That's your opinion, though. This is why we have a forums, so we can discuss things. I for one want a 4" screen, I mean, why not? 4 inches isn't actually that big. If you don't want a phone with a big screen, simple, don't buy it.

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
True enough. I'm just saying, it's a subject that is frequently repeated over and over. And over.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
True enough. I'm just saying, it's a subject that is frequently repeated over and over. And over.
Hence the reason why this site needs an FAQ. I'm working on it :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

It's only an OS, it's not that bad. The biggest flaw is the hardware on which it runs.
I think there is some impressive hardware, the Galaxy S II for example.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA

I can't speak for everybody but my comment was towards the screen size and the outdated comments that I've been hearing since the release of the 4S. I can speak for everybody that it's getting old, well, not everybody apparently :D

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
nothing wrong with a 4 or 4.5" screen it's not that much bigger. folks who say that a screen bigger than 3.5
is an ipad or tablet are folks who most likely have very small hands and fingers like toothpicks. so
in that case a smaller is best for them. but there are many folks out their who have bigger hands than
a 3 year old. and have no problem using a bigger phone. not too mention the iPhone is much heavier than most
Android phones and when you carry that extra wieght in your pocket, after using a much lighter phone.
believe me you feel it. it feel like you have a brick in your pants. lets not forget that nowadays most cell providers
off a 30 day trial. you should use that to your advantage.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

Believe it or not, it isn't Android that people here are sick of.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It's amazing how when Apple releases a smaller iPod everybody goes "WOW" a thinner laptop, same response, but the phone needs to get bigger, because lets face it, we have to watch our movies and play MW3 on our phones, why buy a tablet when I can have everything in one device. Matter of fact make it bigger every year so I can sell my HDTV and use my phone for EVERYTHING!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
That's your opinion, though. This is why we have a forums, so we can discuss things. I for one want a 4" screen, I mean, why not? 4 inches isn't actually that big. If you don't want a phone with a big screen, simple, don't buy it.
Well, if you don't want a 3.5" screen, simple, don't buy it.

That argument doesn't really work, does it?