Angry about price drop? How old are you?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Please select your age and anger level

• VERY ANGRY and UNDER 30

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • A LITTLE ANGRY and UNDER 30

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • NOT AT ALL ANGRY and UNDER 30

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • VERY ANGRY and OVER 30

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • A LITTLE ANGRY and OVER 30

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • NOT AT ALL ANGRY and OVER 30

Votes: 28 26.9%

• Total voters

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
reading all of the angry posts, made my wonder why I can't even manage to feel a little bit ticked...maybe an age thing. I did an under 30/over 30 split.

spazzman90

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
reading all of the angry posts, made my wonder why I can't even manage to feel a little bit ticked...maybe an age thing. I did an under 30/over 30 split.

I'm a little ticked because it would have made more sense for them to address some of the issues that prompt people to return the phone and continue to charge the $600 instead of just dropping the price and saying the hell with it.

Either way here is to someone else developing a similar setup without the bullshit.

-Jeff

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I'm a little ticked because it would have made more sense for them to address some of the issues that prompt people to return the phone and continue to charge the $600 instead of just dropping the price and saying the hell with it.

Either way here is to someone else developing a similar setup without the bullshit.

-Jeff
hey jeff...under or over 30?

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I it by two weeks and one day! I'm upset, but oh well! And I really wanted the 8g but I just couldn't spend another $100! Kind of makes me sick that the 8g is now selling for less than the 4.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Over 40 and very upset because I've never seen this level of blatant exploitation before. Biggest price drop in the shortest amount of time, that's the problem. And I say this as repeat early adopter who is very familiar with how this usually goes. And to make it clear, I'm not angry that it is now cheaper, but that they charged so much more for it for the first 2 months when they clearly knew they couldn't sustain that price. They had no issue in pulling something so extreme so long as it made them more money. "nah, the customers will be fine with us, they'll be too busy celebrating iTunes via wifi to even motice"

Apple did serious damage to its image in my mind today. Not only did they exploit us to an unprecedented degree, but they also ignore all the legitimate improvement requests we've given them and instead give us features that simply give us new ways to buy from them. And they do it with such fanfare too showing how full of themselves they are, thinking that we won't notice because we can be thrilled that we can buy songs from them via WiFi!

So much for a consumer-oriented company. This was my first Apple product and it will be my last.

AquaHump

Jul 30, 2007
DE
I bought my iPhone on the 4th and when they made the price drop on the 5th the Apple store gave me 200 bucks back. Worked out great for me. and I am over 30

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
Im 21 im annoyed with the price drop but also some what happy ... Im pissed i paid 600 bucks for it initially and waited on line 3 hours but on the other hand, im in college and if something happens on a thursday nigth (beer) that might not be covered under Apple care ... its much less to replace it .... idk im torn

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I think there is a key question that should be asked here: how long have you been using Apple products? Maybe such blatant exploitation is well known in Apple land but foreign to new comers.

sealevel

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Belleair, Florida
I understand that Apple is giving $100 refunds to everyone who purchased the iPhone and $200 to everyone who purchased within two weeks of 9/5/08. You need to ask for this. Cool!

Z

ZiggyPop

This isn't about the $200; it's a matter of principle. Apple has shown that it has no principles when it comes to doing businesss, other than they are in it to make money hand over fist. I guarantee that if someone reached in your wallet and stole $200 out of it everybody would get angry about it. Even Steve Jobs himself.

They probably made this decision out of spite because those kids have figured out how to unlock the iPhone and he wants to exact a little payback and get while the gettin's good.

And it's not just $200. It's two THOUSAND dollars, because had I have waited I could have gotten an unlocked iPhone for $200 cheaper and kept my old cellular service (no new contract).

The short of it is now, every time I see the Apple logo, I am going to see seven demons overshadowing it. I will never buy another Apple product, I will not buy any iPods or iPhones or Macbooks, I will not allow my kids to buy from iTunes, I will tell everyone I know how unethical and crooked I believe Apple to be, and it will cost Apple far more than the $200 they stole from me. And I'm short-selling Apple stock every chance I get.

May Steve Jobs rot in hell with the Enron and Worldcom cronies.

sealevel

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Belleair, Florida
I called my Apple store and they said if purchased within 14 days they give $200 refund or credit. All others 10% off next purchase. I'm buying an iMac, Apple TV, external Hard drive. Comes to a little over $3000.00, so I save $300. I'm happy.

beerman667

Jul 29, 2007
South Florida
I voted a little angry, but more at myself for not realizing the price would drop soon with the holidays coming up. Oh well. I still am very happy with the phone so no real complaints. Them's electronics folks.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I called my Apple store and they said if purchased within 14 days they give $200 refund or credit. All others 10% off next purchase. I'm buying an iMac, Apple TV, external Hard drive. Comes to a little over $3000.00, so I save $300. I'm happy.
Off the next purchase?! Nice try, Apple!

chap

Sep 7, 2007
I am very upset by the price drop and I think all iPhone users should be of all age and incomes. It just feels like we (the earliest of buyers) have been made to come off as idiots now that the price drop has so quickly revealed what the price should have been. If this price break came in Nov. it would be much easier to accept but 2 months and $200 dollars it's just like they pointed out their most loyal customers as fools to be taken advantage of.