Animated .gifs with Safari on iPhone?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I don't know if this has been covered before, but today is the first time I've seen my avatar actually animated on my iPhone. Usually its just a static picture.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I've never seen an animated GIF. In fact, that was almost a deal-breaker for me since all of the weather radar sites I use animate with GIFs. Fortunately, there's iWeathr - Apple can send the commission for my purchase to them.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have the animated GIFs working on my iPhone. But not EVERY time - sometimes a page requires a refresh!
Just tried that a few times... Didn't work! I wonder why I could see an animated GIF one time, then static all the other times. This is vexing. I'm very vexed. (what movie is that from)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So does that guy's with the insect moving around.

Gotta say, that first frame of your avatar is depressing the crap outta me, Honda.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Your cache may be full, and any extra bells and whistles like animation are just nixxed for the sake of reliable functionality when system resources are low.

Try emptying your cache to see if your avatar is recached this time as animating. I've noticed my gifs no longer animate, even more so now than before. A little disappointing to say the least, I mean my friggen DS' Opera browser will parse the animating gifs on this page without a problem.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
:sick:
Your cache may be full, and any extra bells and whistles like animation are just nixxed for the sake of reliable functionality when system resources are low.

Try emptying your cache to see if your avatar is recached this time as animating. I've noticed my gifs no longer animate, even more so now than before. A little disappointing to say the least, I mean my friggen DS' Opera browser will parse the animating gifs on this page without a problem.
How do you empty the cache on the iPhone?

edit: nevermind.

Gothgothpunk

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007

yup it worked i cleared my cookies and cache of the iPhone and now the animated gif works