Animation MMS?

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
FINALLY MMS DROPPED, but why is it that when you receive an animated pic with sounds you cannot view the animation and*listen to*sound at the same time? You can only view/listen to*one at a time (either the animation or the sound), where as with any other device you can view/listen both at the same time. I guess it just a small price to pay but it just a little annoying IMO.

I'm on 3Gs with JB 3.0.1 does that have anything to do with it?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You have to remember that Apple is new to the cell phone arena, and giving their customers MMS was done begrudgingly. They feel it wasn't needed, but when you factor in all the other phones out there that still use the technology, and it is still a selling point for many handset makers, they had to include it.
It doesn't, however, mean that they are going to get it right the first time- no matter how long it took them to develop it.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
SHEEET! I'm just happy to have it! So far so good. The MMS is working fine. I have not tried any animation but i have sent and received video. It is great.

Thanks APPLE AND AT&T!

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
That and I don't like how the animation plays in the text app but is a static pic when you view it in the full screen.
Yes, I agree. The iPhone should support animated GIFs... You can see them animated through Safari, but then if you save them to the phone they are no longer animated. Shame such a sophisticated phone doesn't support such a basic picture format like an animated GIF...

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
Will it allow animated gifs in the mail app?
Once you save an animated GIF to your iPhone, be it from Safari or from iTunes, it is no longer animated. I have attached them to MMS messages and emails, and the pictures no longer animate. Don't know if you can RECEIVE one through email though. Sux... :(

Update: You can receive an animated GIF through email, and it is animated in the email message itself. However, once I saved it to the phone it became a static image. I was able to COPY and PASTE it into an MMS straight from the email though, and it's animated in the small preview version, but not animated when you select it for full screen... boo...

tempjo

Mar 10, 2010
use free app txtagif to mms gif

you can use free app txtAgif to add animated gif to your mms. u can even upload your own gif for mms. search for txtagif in appstore