Annoyed by Summerboard. Why don't I have it?

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
Okay so apparently I don't have Summerboard installed. I have searched all through Cydia, etc and can't find it. I have Customize and Winterboard installed right now... Customize used to load themes in the browser but nothing even comes up there anymore (reinstalled, etc.. nothing). But I'm not worried about Customize at the moment. I just want to know where I'm supposed to download Summerboard? I went into SSH to find the Summerboard folder and it doesn't exist. Where the heck do I get this program from?

LionOfTheSouthUK

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
If you download the Neurox Leopard theme via Cydia it will create the summerboard theme folder. You still use Winterboard to access the Summ
erboard themes.

I wonder if you can just create the folder yourself :eek:

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
If you download the Neurox Leopard theme via Cydia it will create the summerboard theme folder. You still use Winterboard to access the Summ
erboard themes.

I wonder if you can just create the folder yourself :eek:
I'll try... where exactly should it be?

LionOfTheSouthUK

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
private\var\mobile\Library\SummerBoard\Themes\

edit : Please note the capital letters, no idea if it matters, but that is how it is on my phone.

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
Customize needs to be updated for FW 2.1
I haven't changed anything on the phone since the last time I used Customize just fine. I bought it with 2.0.2 on it and haven't changed that. I didn't install the update that came out last week.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
SummerBoard itself is no more, or at least for the 2.0 + firmware versions; Winterboard is much more powerful and can handle SummerBoard themes, so it's much taken it's place.

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
SummerBoard itself is no more, or at least for the 2.0 + firmware versions; Winterboard is much more powerful and can handle SummerBoard themes, so it's much taken it's place.
Ok well I downloaded a theme and I have Winterboard. Where do I place the theme folder in SSH?

LionOfTheSouthUK

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
If its a Summerboard theme then

private\var\mobile\Library\SummerBoard\Themes\ your theme folder here

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Both WinterBoard and SummerBoard themes can be placed in /Library/Themes/ and will appear in WinterBoard.

LionOfTheSouthUK

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
I know you don't, thats why I suggested downloading the neurox leopard themes, because its the only theme that I am sure is a summerboard theme(im not a big themes guy).When you download it via Cydia SSH to private\var\mobile\Library and you will see a new folder called SummerBoard .In that folder will be a folder called Themes and inside that will be Neurox Leopard.

In my first reply when I said about creating the folder yourself, and you asked where to put it , I meant create a folder called SummerBoard ,with a folder inside called Themes and place it in private\var\mobile\Library.