annoying charging

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
usually i just place my iPhone on the dock and let it charge but every 2-5 minutes it lights up and gives that annoying sound and the battery and time just shows on the screen, then goes back to sleep (goes back to its off screen) any reason why it keeps doing this?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I would try using a different outlet. Cause that might mean its not getting enough power? i donno it happened at my friends to me and i just switched outlets and it worked just fine.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Are you using the stock cable that came with the phone? I had issues charging my phone on the computer while using a cable i Bought off ebay. This cable has no issues charging with the AC adapter, but would always disconnect my phone just like you said every few minutes when I docked with the computer (I realized it was when the phone was communicating via Edge as I heard the interference on speakers... instant disconnect of charging)

Perhaps a bad cable then?

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
Im using the stock cable and dock, basically the stuff that came with the iPhone when i bought it.

ill try and switch up the outlets in a few and let you guys know.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
When mine started doing this, it was due to a short in the dock connector. Likely the same short that started causing the brief messages (which eventually became longer, repetitive and persistent) saying "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone...etc"

Try hooking it up to a computer to see if it still does it.

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
okay i got it connected via iTunes cable, straight to the computer (not on no dock) lets see how it works out here.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It very well might be a problem with the dock connector as fury said. I would try attaching it to the computer as well and then suggest buying a new usb dock cable and it will hopefully get rid of the problem.

Retromoe

Bronze
Apr 9, 2008
Queens,Ny
still the same thing grr

did they release any new updated dock or something? back of the iPhone's box says 2007, maybe a new updated dock for 08?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think there is a difference between the 07 and 08 docks though I could be wrong. I would just try finding a different dock USB cord and see if that will get rid of the problem. Though, the dock receptors on the phone might be bad...