Annoying Interference Sounds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kgil79

Aug 16, 2007
I know you are out there. How many of you are annoyed with the interference that the iPhone puts out. I will be laying on my couch watching a movie and my surround sound speakers get a LOUD interference from the iPhone. The same thing happens with my computer speakers. It drives me crazy. Has anyone have any type of solution for this. I hate to have to put my iPhone in airplane mode just to watch tv.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I know you are out there. How many of you are annoyed with the interference that the iPhone puts out. I will be laying on my couch watching a movie and my surround sound speakers get a LOUD interference from the iPhone. The same thing happens with my computer speakers. It drives me crazy. Has anyone have any type of solution for this. I hate to have to put my iPhone in airplane mode just to watch tv.
i hate this, but it happens with all cellphones i think..

it REALLY drives me insane when i'm playing FFXI though (_ _; )

DavidB

Sep 26, 2007
It is a common thing with any GSM based phone. I have found that if you simply move the phone a few feet, or across the room, you won't get interference and yet it will be (relatively) easy to access...certainly better than turning the phone off.

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
This actually never happened to me with the iPhone or my last two phones (Sony Ericsson W810i and M600i). I keep the iPhone right next to one of my studio monitors and never get any interference. For some reason I always see people with Nextel phones having that issue.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
It was HORRIBLE with my Razr, much worse than the iPhone. I've found even 12" space is enough to stop the interference with the iPhone.

And yes, this is a common problem with GSM cell devices. It has to do with the signaling frequency used. (being on a call won't cause the problem, but an incoming call will do it. The periodic checks with the cell tower also cause it.)