Annoying popup message

dwoog

Feb 28, 2008
Every time I've got the iTunes window, and connect my iPhone to sync it, I get a popup window asking me "Which pictures do you want to copy?" -- and Microsoft Word opens at the same time. I have to manually click out of that box to get back to iTunes. Is there any way to permanently get rid of that popup? THANKS

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Every time I've got the iTunes window, and connect my iPhone to sync it, I get a popup window asking me "Which pictures do you want to copy?" -- and Microsoft Word opens at the same time. I have to manually click out of that box to get back to iTunes. Is there any way to permanently get rid of that popup? THANKS

You have to set an action to your iPhone, I set mine to "take no action"
it does this because it sees the iPhone as a digital camera when its plugged in to the USB

dwoog

Feb 28, 2008
THANKS, but...

how do I set the iPhone to "take no action"? I looked under "Settings" on the iPhone, and couldn't find anything.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
are you on Vista? is so when you plug your iPhone in (and get the pop up) it should give you a option to set the action it takes .

On XP in not sure how you set it i'll mess around with a buddy of mines computer and see if i can figure it out after we eat here in a little while

dwoog

Feb 28, 2008
THANKS -- I do have XP.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
-Plug in your iPhone
-open your "My computer"
-right click on your iPhone
-click on properties
-go to the "events" tab
-there should be a "no action" or something similar there

for whfat it's worth, you can do this to any device on your computer... CDs, DVDs, Flash drives, cameras, etc...

lensam

Bronze
Mar 8, 2008
Bridgeport, CT
Yes it worked, I actually figured it out myself and was gonna post, but thanks for the help

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
-Plug in your iPhone
-open your "My computer"
-right click on your iPhone
-click on properties
-go to the "events" tab
-there should be a "no action" or something similar there

for whfat it's worth, you can do this to any device on your computer... CDs, DVDs, Flash drives, cameras, etc...
Very helpful post, acosmichippo. I've been fighting that dumb popup since iDay. Thanks

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yup. i posted that tidbit in the Windows forum a while ago...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'm on Vista and I wish it would give me an option to not prompt when there are no new pictures...That is the worst part of it. It has an option to automatically import when there are new pictures, AND an option for whether to prompt for tags/etc, but not an option for whether to prompt when there's no new pictures. So every time I plug it in and I haven't taken any new photos, it pops it up.

I'd love it as a way to back up my camera roll, if only it'd stop letting me know there were no new pictures. I had to turn off that auto import feature just for that one nagging issue.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, unfortunately it isn't "smart" enough for that...