Another $100 price drop?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree with EMAGDNIM. I don't expect much of a price cut prior to the release of an entirely new iPhone. I'm also pretty sure that Apple would more likely watch what they do considering the problems they had with the last price cut.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Apple wouldn't do that after the nightmare that was iPhone price cuts. I would think it would be closer to when they would be releasing a 3G version...

yeah that would make sense...i'm going to wait for the 3G version release...i'm not getting the 16g...i can wait...wait for all the hype to go down...

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Sure Apple would do that.

They are motivated by sales and activations. If they worried about perceptions then there would not have been a price drop in the first place.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The price cut wasn't so much a problem as how soon it was after the release. People are used to price cuts 6+ months after a release, the $200 drop only 3 months later is what the issue was. Another $100 wouldn't be nearly that big a problem.

Edit: just read the comments on engadget, and jesus f'n christ. It's as if people are practically expecting Apple to ship the rebate check in the box with the goddamn phone. :p

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm real close to buying a 16gb...I just don't trust it. They have that track record. I just don't know.
with that attitude you'll never get one.

anyone that purchases (or is thinking about purchasing) technology as an investment is going to be disappointed. depreciation is inevitable no matter when you buy.

morrison 73

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
with that attitude you'll never get one.

anyone that purchases (or is thinking about purchasing) technology as an investment is going to be disappointed. depreciation is inevitable no matter when you buy.
My luck...I'll buy one and then boom! Price drop! I agree, improved tech is never ending.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Get a price drop guarantee from whoever you buy it from. Usually what happens is if the price drops soon enough after you buy it you can go get a rebate.