Another 2.1 Addition (not mentioned)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I just found another update not mentioned.
Remember how videos would show a blue dot next to if you haven't viewed it? Now they have a half circle if they have been watched but not completely. I have to say this is very nice.:eek:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Oh I found another one (maybe its not new and I never noticed it before)
When going to artist > All Songs > it lists the song title and the album under it

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Here's another one and quite stupid if you ask me. Now, in maps when you try and find your location, it says "location services needs to be turned on" and there is a settings and an ok tab. So now, you have to leave maps and go to settings to turn on location services and then go back to maps. why someone at Apple thought this was better is beyond me.

On the plus side, GPS appears to be working much better. I can now get a lock from inside my house.

Lauting

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
London, England
Here's another one and quite stupid if you ask me. Now, in maps when you try and find your location, it says "location services needs to be turned on" and there is a settings and an ok tab. So now, you have to leave maps and go to settings to turn on location services and then go back to maps. why someone at Apple thought this was better is beyond me.

On the plus side, GPS appears to be working much better. I can now get a lock from inside my house.
I noticed this too, highly annoying.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You have got to be kidding me.:mad: I saw this in some of the location based apps yesterday, but have not used maps since the update. Just tried it. This is the dumbest thing I have seen. Maps? Let me see. Should location not be turned on automatically like it was before? STUPID-STUPID-STUPID.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
One for me, which seems small maybe, but is HUGE to me - is that when you're playing music in the iPod, and you pause it and leave the app - before when you go back it would go back to the main iPod screen. Now you have "Now Playing" still even when paused. That was HUGE for me to know what I was listening to previously.