Another "Ain't that something?" moment this morning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Ok..I'm sure that this has already been well documented, but I just discovered it this morning early.

For awhile now, I have been toiling with getting to the bottom of a long web page and having to flick, flick, flick, scroll, scroll, scroll back up to the top to get to the address bar.

So this morning, I found out that if you simply touch the top bar (with the carrier, time, battery etc. icons) Safari will whip ya all the way up to the top of the page in an instant.

Ain't that something?!?!? :D

Yeah..call me an Apple fanboy or a Steve Jobs mark, but this thing just doesn't cease to amaze/amuse me! :)

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I know about this already, but probably some people don't. I love this feature so you don't have to scroll all the way to the top anymore.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yep, I love that feature!

Yet I find myself clicking the top of my Safari page on my Mac. It doesn't work.

- John

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
And it would be so easy to implement a similar feature to get to the bottom of a page. Let's hope they do.

I dunno about you, but when catching up on my forums, I go to a LOT of bottoms of VERY LONG pages! It is a fun game, however, to see how few thumb-flicks I can do it in. I've gotten pretty good at it it... It's an art.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
And it would be so easy to implement a similar feature to get to the bottom of a page. Let's hope they do.

I dunno about you, but when catching up on my forums, I go to a LOT of bottoms of VERY LONG pages! It is a fun game, however, to see how few thumb-flicks I can do it in. I've gotten pretty good at it it... It's an art.
I have a pretty extensive coverflow and after much practice, I'm now able to get through it all with one very large thumb flick.

- John

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Just when I thought the boards were getting stale and all the questions and things had repeated themselves 4 times over, someone produces something that made me whip out my iPhone and have to try it. Thanks a bunch.