Another article on why you shouldn't buy the iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
He makes valid points but the problems with the actual phone are all software problems. I wouldn't be wanting an iPhone if I wasn't confident that it'll soon be hacked to pieces. If it's got wifi then it's capable of VoIP. It just needs a little motivation, that's all. Not that I use VoIP on my current wifi smartphone anyway, I have plenty of minutes in my contract.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
He makes valid points but the problems with the actual phone are all software problems. I wouldn't be wanting an iPhone if I wasn't confident that it'll soon be hacked to pieces. If it's got wifi then it's capable of VoIP. It just needs a little motivation, that's all. Not that I use VoIP on my current wifi smartphone anyway, I have plenty of minutes in my contract.

They aren't "problems". They're just small items that would be "neat" if had been included. lol

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
totally agree, the iPhone will not last it's 2yr contract. There will be way better cell phones out before it's contract is up, I'd say as early as X-Mas but JMO

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I get bored of a phone after six months, I'm in an 18 month contract now and I regret it. I'll never sign more than 12 months again.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
totally agree, the iPhone will not last it's 2yr contract. There will be way better cell phones out before it's contract is up, I'd say as early as X-Mas but JMO

what phone has ever been the best out there 2 yrs after release.

let me rephrase, what electronic device has ever been the best out there 2 yrs after release?

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I think what he's implying is that right now you could go back two years, grab a phone and it'd still be pretty good but the iPhone is lacking certain features to make it last it's time. Slow internet I assume.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Hey... lets' all support Apple. This was a huge project. Hell I'm buying two of them tonight. I understand they have no shortage so everyone will get theirs tonight....can't wait