Another AT&T Rep B****?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I went to the ATT store and the guy told me they are not allowed to open the iPhone box it comes with a programed SIM and they just need to scan the box And you do the setup at home...for product questions we need to go to Apple for services with ATT...it might be all bull....like the guy told yeah come in at 5pm it will not be a line....so
Just my $0.02 of the day

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
Hey. The consensus is that no one really knows what is going on. I am sure that employees have been told very little at this point. There may be questions that Apple can answer better than AT&T. I don't think I have heard about having to set-up online, though it is an interesting idea and may make things easier.

Seemed like an annoying conversation though ;)

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
i was told today, that they'll start training on tuesday...
so iam guessing that dood didn't know what he was talking about...
they all piss me off so much
my att rep. did show me that training manual, which is pretty stupid,
but yeah they'll start some serious training on tuesday

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
it makes sense to me they have no businesss opening the box if the SIM is on already the need the IEMI and the SIM number thats all and it could be located outside the box
I ask him what about my contacts he said well here is the problem we are not fully trained for those questions...next week will have more info.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinealoma

Jun 19, 2007
Well, I hope it is true… It'll speed up the lines, and I WILL BE the first one to open the box (I take pride in opening my Apple products).

I've read not too long ago, about how activation will be done through iTunes. That's probably why Apple requires you to have an iTunes account (and suggested setting one up before, to speed up the process).

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
i was told today, that they'll start training on tuesday...
so iam guessing that dood didn't know what he was talking about...
they all piss me off so much
my att rep. did show me that training manual, which is pretty stupid,
but yeah they'll start some serious training on tuesday
Niiice...Id heard the same thing. I thought Monday though. Totally makes sense...they are in the dark and will still know nothing much a month after iPhone comes out. My only complaint re: cell phones is their customer support and the employees are soo kept in the dark even about the bad phones.

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I went to the ATT store and the guy told me they are not allowed to open the iPhone box it comes with a programed SIM and they just need to scan the box And you do the setup at home...for product questions we need to go to Apple for services with ATT...it might be all bull....like the guy told yeah come in at 5pm it will not be a line....so
Just my $0.02 of the day
oh the iPhone will do everything for you once you touch the box it knows who you are and instantly gets all your info and your set to go. . lol

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
What is wrong with AT&T employees that cause them to talk so much without any information. How do they find so many people with this same horrible flaw.

I know part of it stems from being commissioned sales people, but that can not be all of it. It seems like 99% of all AT&T wireless employees are more than eager to talk out their backside. I find the whole thing oddly amusing.

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
oh the iPhone will do everything for you once you touch the box it knows who you are and instantly gets all your info and your set to go. . lol
I think you are wrong the rep scans the box and add the IMEI in to your account and once you turn on the iPhone it does the update and gets all your info.....
Your silly is no way the box will get your info by touching it.....(sarcasm):cool:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
What is wrong with AT&T employees that cause them to talk so much without any information. How do they find so many people with this same horrible flaw.

I know part of it stems from being commissioned sales people, but that can not be all of it. It seems like 99% of all AT&T wireless employees are more than eager to talk out their backside. I find the whole thing oddly amusing.
Maybe part of it comes from the fact they've been besieged by thousands of iPhone fanatics asking every manner of question...

I'd probably start making stuff up, too...:)

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
In a way i hope this is the case, i just want to get in there, get it and get out

This is most likely how the process will happen. I could just see ATT reps fondling iPhones and dropping them etc... In another thread on this board or another one a member called up Apple to inquire about ordering online. I don't have the exact conversation but here is the summary:

Caller: Hello I am wondering how I would activate my iPhone after ordering through Apple.com.

Apple Rep: Your shipment will consist of JUST the phone itself and its packaging. The activation process takes place when you receive the phone in your home.

That is a summary of the conversation which is basically on target with the idea that reps will not open packaging. The concept makes good sense. Why would they have the simplicity of at home activation with online orders and not use the same model in stores?

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I believe after a lot of reading and speaking to AT&T this is what will happen:

If you have an existing contract you will pay for the phone they will add it to your account and match your number up with the IMEI (from the box) and once you go to make your first call you will be forwarded to an automated system to accept your new 2 year contract. This is how it has worked in the past so I bet it will be the same way now.

Those without a contract will have to go through the credit check and possibly physically sign some new documents.

Jun 8, 2007
I just hope that some airhead doesn't rip off all of the plastic off the iPhone and start playing with it while he's, "Puting in the sim card."(I like to let my plastic come off when it's ready, lol).

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I just hope that some airhead doesn't rip off all of the plastic off the iPhone and start playing with it while he's, "Puting in the sim card."(I like to let my plastic come off when it's ready, lol).
But you will probably want to do it right then and there, right? Make sure it works, no craziness like scratches, dents, or screen problems?