Another Battery issue!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
OK, so I was having an issue with a sucky battery on this new phone (getting only 4 hours of usage till the batery showed red) so I let my phone's battery die down pass 5%. I turned the phone off and let it charge all night (8 hours). When I woke up the battery still wasn't charged all the way and the usage count wasn't reset when i unplugged it. So I continued to charge it yet another 2 hours and it still isn't charged to the full green glow. I unplugged it and the usage count stayed the same but still wasn't a full charge. Before running the battery down, it charged to a full charge and showed this. Now this is my second phone and I have had this one for only 3 days now. My other phone had no problem with the battery or the charging but was continually crashing even after a restore. Now I want my old/original phone back :(

any assistance or advice would be great!

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
OK, so I was having an issue with a sucky battery on this new phone (getting only 4 hours of usage till the batery showed red) so I let my phone's battery die down pass 5%. I turned the phone off and let it charge all night (8 hours). When I woke up the battery still wasn't charged all the way and the usage count wasn't reset when i unplugged it. So I continued to charge it yet another 2 hours and it still isn't charged to the full green glow. I unplugged it and the usage count stayed the same but still wasn't a full charge. Before running the battery down, it charged to a full charge and showed this. Now this is my second phone and I have had this one for only 3 days now. My other phone had no problem with the battery or the charging but was continually crashing even after a restore. Now I want my old/original phone back :(

Is WiFi and/or Bluetooth enabled and/or "ON" in the phone's settings?
Both of these will continually drain the battery. I think, even when charging.

If it's still giving you problems, bring it back to the store. Get another one. Don't let up. lol
Especially if it's an Apple store. Apple is investing a lot of money in making this product a success, and that includes taking care of their customers, even after the sale.
They took EXCEPTIONAL care with my case of the dead pixel. ;)

drubyt

Jul 10, 2007
Northeastern PA
I have found that if I charge it overnight with the phone off, it never shows that it had a full charge. However, if I leave it on during charging, the phone does get to the glow state and the counters show that it has reached full charge. Weird stuff. I am thinking that this is a software bug as I am getting great battery life from my unit.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl

If it's still giving you problems, bring it back to the store. Get another one. Don't let up. lol
Especially if it's an Apple store. Apple is investing a lot of money in making this product a success, and that includes taking care of their customers, even after the sale.
They took EXCEPTIONAL care with my case of the dead pixel. ;)
yes, te wifi and bluetooth have been off!

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
I have found that if I charge it overnight with the phone off, it never shows that it had a full charge. However, if I leave it on during charging, the phone does get to the glow state and the counters show that it has reached full charge. Weird stuff. I am thinking that this is a software bug as I am getting great battery life from my unit.
thanks, that's the only thing I have done differently!

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA

don't try anything, take it to an Apple store and they will give you a new phone, it happen to me yesterday the 12th. if they see that the usage is blank like yours they will give you a new one, Promise you!

Take care.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
don't try anything, take it to an Apple store and they will give you a new phone, it happen to me yesterday the 12th. if they see that the usage is blank like yours they will give you a new one, Promise you!

Take care.
the usage isn't blank and it is registering as we speak but................ never fully charged. I will charge it tonight wit the power on and see before going through the hassel of exchanging it!

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I run both WiFi and Bluetooth constantly on my iPhone and I've noticed no degradation in battery life worth mention. With both running constantly, and with me using the phone non-stop throughout the day, I can easily get 10 or more heavy use hours out of my phone before needing to recharge. If I moderately use the phone I can go the better part of two days before I must recharge.