another bug i noticed...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
ok, so here is what you do to see.

put your autobrightness OFF

turn off your phone and then turn it back on and you will see that auto brightness is reactivated, but it says that its off.

oh and one more thing, what is better, Auto-Brightness OFF, or Auto-Brightness ON?

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Auto on if course! Save battery life and better viewing in the sun. I haven't noticed that bug but it probably does have to do with Apple always wanting their battieries to last longer.

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
I also had been noticing this slight bug. I thought I was going crazy because I had set the auto-brightness to "off" and when I would bring the iPhone out of sleep a few times, the setting was def "on" even while showing "off".

I usually leave it off and find my battery last longer for some reason.

Joe

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I also had been noticing this slight bug. I thought I was going crazy because I had set the auto-brightness to "off" and when I would bring the iPhone out of sleep a few times, the setting was def "on" even while showing "off".

I usually leave it off and find my battery last longer for some reason.

Joe
Same here...Thought I was losing my mind, checked and it was still set at off. Same thing with my email check. I have it set for manual, but it still checks all the time...not just yahoo's push, but my RR accts too.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Auto on if course! Save battery life and better viewing in the sun. I haven't noticed that bug but it probably does have to do with Apple always wanting their battieries to last longer.
Whell depending on the brightness you like, Auto-Brightness can either drain your battery or save it. If you have your brightness set relatively low many people seem to get better battery life with it turned off, as reported in the Battery Usage thread.

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Whell depending on the brightness you like, Auto-Brightness can either drain your battery or save it. If you have your brightness set relatively low many people seem to get better battery life with it turned off, as reported in the Battery Usage thread.

i have my brightness half way with auto on so shud i turn it off? or leave it