Another Dead iPhone thread!

Jul 11, 2009
Except mine come back to life every once in a while.

Sometimes, even with a decent battery life, the phone will go to a black screen, neither buttons will do anything. Seems like if I give it about 5-10 minutes, it will turn back on.

:dft008:surprised

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
That is straight BS. Take it back to Apple. Go on line and make an appointment at your local Apple store if you have one near you. I hope you do.

Apple Geniuses will try to see if they can duplicate the problem in the store and then they will give you another one.

If you don't have a store near you, then i would call Apple 1-888-659-5840 option #3 for technical support and make an arrangment to have them send another out and send your broken one back to them.

I just would not deal with an AT&T store unless you feel thats best for you, or you have one near you and thats what you want to do.

Apple will rectify this for you.
Good luck!

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Except mine come back to life every once in a while.

Sometimes, even with a decent battery life, the phone will go to a black screen, neither buttons will do anything. Seems like if I give it about 5-10 minutes, it will turn back on.

:dft008:surprised
Mine did the same thing but would not come back on until I charged it even though I had over 30 percent battery life. It took about 10 minutes after I plugged it in. And just yesterday it shut off when I went to view my pics.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Mine did the same thing but would not come back on until I charged it even though I had over 30 percent battery life. It took about 10 minutes after I plugged it in. And just yesterday it shut off when I went to view my pics.

Try a restart.

"Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time. Hold them both until you see the screen go black and the white Apple logo appear. When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting."

If that does not fix the problem, see adnurahs' post above.

Jul 11, 2009
Thanks guys!

I am lucky enough to have an Apple store very close by, the only thing is, I doubt my phone will duplicate the problem when I bring it there. So thank you adnurahs for giving me that phone number!

iphonee

May 5, 2009
My iPhone seemed to have died this morning- I just txt something and went back to check reply and iPhone appeared dead. No power, tried ac power/ plugged into pc nothing. I was going to go to Apple store for lunch so they could give me the bad news but decided to check this forum 1st. Good thing- I saw the above post (hold down power/ sleep button as well as menu button for about 10 seconds. Sure enough iPhone came on. Thanks for post.