Another ex-BB user question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pvanosta, Oct 17, 2011.

1. pvanosta

pvanosta New Member

This is my first iPhone (4S 16GB, AT&T) after 5 years of Blackberries.

I am familiar with IOS thanks to my Ipad 1 and Ipad 2.

The one thing I liked about the BB, was the ability to configure (and more importantly: easily access in order to switch over) sound profiles.

I'd have a 'medium' profile during the day, which would tell the BB what sounds / vibrations to make depending on the type of incoming data (meeting, email, phone call, IM, SMS).
    I'd have a 'phone calls only' for after hours, which would only use the ring tone for incoming phone calls and all other incoming messages would be silent.
    I'd have a 'silent' profile for the night time, which did exactly what its name implies: total silence.
    Switching between these profiles was as easy as selecting the profiles dropdown and picking the profile of my choice (two clicks and a scroll).

I find myself struggling to achieve the same functionality in the iPhone. I either have to go into settings/notifications or settings/sounds and access each type of incoming message separately.

Turning down the volume is not 100% solution, as it is not totally quiet.

Any ideas / suggestions / App I can use for that?

2. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

For sound/no sound solution, the switch on the side can help with that. Just turn off vibrations and you'll have zero sound whatsoever. Other than that...nope, but sound profiles are a pretty good idea.

3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Hmmm, that would be nice to have.

4. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

Pretty sure jailbreak has it

5. VA_doc

VA_doc New Member

Yes, I have been in your exact shoes my friend! The only way to achieve this is to jail break and then use 'MyProfiles'...it does exactly what you stated. My issue was similar and I used that till I upgraded to iOS5...