another headphone problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Deedee

Aug 7, 2007
I couldn't find this problem through a search, so I'm asking for help. I was using my headphones while speaking on the iPhone when all of a sudden I could barely hear my daughter, though she could still hear me. My headphones work fine when the ipod is on, but cut out when the phone rings. My phone is not hacked. I tried resetting it and pulling the headphones in and out while on both the phone and ipod. Nothing's worked. Any advice?
Thanks so much!:)
Diane

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I couldn't find this problem through a search, so I'm asking for help. I was using my headphones while speaking on the iPhone when all of a sudden I could barely hear my daughter, though she could still hear me. My headphones work fine when the ipod is on, but cut out when the phone rings. My phone is not hacked. I tried resetting it and pulling the headphones in and out while on both the phone and ipod. Nothing's worked. Any advice?
Thanks so much!:)
Diane

That's happened to me too but it ended up just being that the headphones were not plugged in all the way. But you say that you tried unplugging and replugging them a few times? In that case I'm not sure unless somehow the ear piece speaker was blown, which has happened on my other iPod earbuds before.

Deedee

Aug 7, 2007
that is unusual... If it were me, i'd take it to an Apple store to have a genius look at it.
I was afraid I'd hear that! I almost ordered a new headphones today, but you're probably right - I should take it to the store, in case it's a problem with the phone and not the headphones.
Thanks so much!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I was afraid I'd hear that! I almost ordered a new headphones today, but you're probably right - I should take it to the store, in case it's a problem with the phone and not the headphones.
Thanks so much!
oh! buying new things is the last thing i would do when it comes to Apple. i have heard that they will replace iPod headphones if they are no longer working. also with the many stories i've heard, Apple has been really generous when it has come to iPhone problems so i would also suggest visiting them.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
oh! buying new things is the last thing i would do when it comes to Apple. i have heard that they will replace iPod headphones if they are no longer working. also with the many stories i've heard, Apple has been really generous when it has come to iPhone problems so i would also suggest visiting them.
the right side of my headphones stopped working today, is there any way to email Apple or would i have to go to a store?

Deedee

Aug 7, 2007
Update:
I called the Apple store before I went this morning and spoke to a technician who told me that the headphones were the problem. He said that there are sensors that can determine between the phone and ipod on the headphones. So they are mailing me a new set. I'm so grateful that it isn't my phone!
Thanks to everyone for all the help!
This site is the best!
Diane:laugh2: