Another help thread...but look please

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah so i've always been a guy who wants the most functionality from my products. I got my iPhone and held off because i didn't want to F**** (fudge) up such an expensive phone. But i'm deciding i want to jailbreak. I know there are threads on this but they are all over the place on this forum and under mixed titles and to find what i'm looking for would probably be harder then the jailbreak itself. Firstly, i have some concerns on messing up my phone. I just wanted someone like KnK or another experienced jailbreaker to maybe address them for me? What is the worst that can happen? What do i turn to if everything turns south? Once jailbroken, what concerns are there for the phone? If you need to unjailbreak what is the process by which you do this?

Also, i understand what jailbreaking does as far as 3rd party applications. But what are the most popular...as in what advantages do you gain in doing this besides customizing and games. Is there a native aim application? What applications have you added on your phone (anyone can answer this)? Is the process of adding and removing applications easy once everything is jailbroken?

Lastly, i'm on version 1.1.3. I am also on a mac. What jailbreak process do i look for? I heard nates is no longer available? Or something about how it is a process that can be closed off and not working once SDK comes out? Do i have to be concerned about my baseband.

I would just appreciate if someone could answer the many questions i asked and also provide any other information they would like. I want to jailbreak but i kind of need someone to give me that extra push because i'm very hesitant and i'm confused to where i need to go, what i need to get and which directions are the right ones.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
If you are in 1.1.3, i would use this to jailbreak http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-to-jailbreak-1-13-on-a-mac.18903/

OOO yeah, when did you get this iPhone and what is the last 2 digits of the imei?
my imei is 45 (last two digits) and i got it like december 21st ish

Another question i would want answered...is it seems the whole jailbreaking is a mess right now. I don't want to lose my contact...so i wanna know how i back those up etc..and should i just wait till this mess clears or is it just as safe now to use the dev teams or nates then it will be in the future. Oh and which one should i use?

Last edited by a moderator:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I don't know why people ask for the IMEI.

it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I have 61 as my last two digits.

my phone is week 44. you need the 4th and 5th number (like 7T744 or 82452)

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007

so my 4th and 5th are 36

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The method linked to above is the one I wrote and followed. It works for both Kac and Windows, and gives instructions on downgrading, jailbreaking, the whole shebang. Follow it to the letter and you'll be fine. PM is you have any questions or run into any problems.

- John

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
The method linked to above is the one I wrote and followed. It works for both Kac and Windows, and gives instructions on downgrading, jailbreaking, the whole shebang. Follow it to the letter and you'll be fine. PM is you have any questions or run into any problems.

- John
Alright thanks a lot John. I think i'll give it a shot after dinner.