Another iPhone in Summer of 2009?

kirkf

Feb 1, 2008
Think Apple will keep with the current trend and launch another iPhone in the summer of 2009?

H

Hayesimus

I hope, because I'm wanting to wait until then to purchase a new one. V2 isn't good enough. V3 I'm more optimistic about.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Until you start thinking about the v4 just waiting around the corner in the summer of 2010...
:laugh2:I know, I know. I am not one of those people that waits for the next best thing, just not that excited about this one. Now how long I can hold out is another matter.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Yes, of course. And I will want it. I will have to negotiate with hubby next summer, too. :laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

just like dturner said. I always want the next best thing. I just don't think V2 is completely better. Some things are way better and still more is way worse so... Hopefully V3 will be better hands down...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
just like dturner said. I always want the next best thing. I just don't think V2 is completely better. Some things are way better and still more is way worse so... Hopefully V3 will be better hands down...

you'll still buy it! and you know you will!

because when your sat there, and your mate pulls out his nice new and elegant iPhone version .2. you will be gutted, cos yeah his wont be jailbroken and yes his isn't personalized but you'll cave in lol

H

Hayesimus

By mate i'm hoping you mean buddy or friend and not something else... *scowls... lol

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
Think Apple will keep with the current trend and launch another iPhone in the summer of 2009?
probably......there are a lot of improvements the iPhone could use. Apple could start with the basics like: camcorder app; a better camera with more megapixels (5 or 8 would be good),autofocus, and zoom; MMS; forwarding capability for SMS & landscape keyboard for SMS.

They should also add cellular music downloads and an iTunes store with music & video. I also think the battery could be better. My old phone (Sony Ericsson W600i) could last almost 5 days with out being charged or turned off.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I hope for a new iPhone release each summer because as goes the nature of technology, if something isn't released, we're living behind the times. I have a feeling with each new version the iPhone is going to gradually improve. This in fact might cause me to never own another make of cell phone again, but only time will tell.

H

Hayesimus

i'm with you philly.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think "revolutionary" hardware developments will be hard to come by. I mean, look at this thing. It's already pretty ahead of its time. Hard to make the screen bigger or better without changing the whole form of the handset. It's not going to be much thinner for many years until battery technology catches up there.

About the only REAL hardware improvements I can imagine in the next three years would be a user-changeable battery, better camera (probably not more than 3.2MP with LED flash in this form factor), a faster processor, and more memory. Everything else is all in the software, which (ideally) would trickle down to all models that can physically handle the software. That's what's so revolutionary about this device... it's a blank slate.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
As long as my v1 holds up I will wait for something more exciting in a newer version too. The only way I will buy v2 is if something happens to my v1. I just looked at the side by side comparison chart that AT&T has on their website comparing v1 and v2 and seriously, it isn't much.
p.s. Hayes-The word mate in other countries just means friend so I think thats what he was trying to say.;)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Until you start thinking about the v4 just waiting around the corner in the summer of 2010...
LoL, exactly:p

I was hoping to maybe see something by MW'09, cause that's when I plan on getting mine.

TMo contract ends on my birthday (12/21), by then a few MW rumors will probably be popping up and we'll just see, but regardless if a new one is not revealed then, I plan on having one in my hands THAT DAY after keynote, the wait has been just tooooo looooooong.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
LoL, exactly:p

I was hoping to maybe see something by MW'09, cause that's when I plan on getting mine.

TMo contract ends on my birthday (12/21), by then a few MW rumors will probably be popping up and we'll just see, but regardless if a new one is not revealed then, I plan on having one in my hands THAT DAY after keynote, the wait has been just tooooo looooooong.
I agree with you there Indy. My Sprint contract ends on Sept. 24th. I was going to purchase this 3G around that time, but then decided to wait because by the Holidays they will probably announce a 32 gig model. By the time the Holidays approach then MW 09 is just around the corner. I figure I should just wait for the Version 3. It seems like torture to wait but I think this time next year I will be quite glad I did, plus I will have saved over $500 between Oct 08 and June 09, with the increase in fees with the iPhone 3G

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I agree with you there Indy. My Sprint contract ends on Sept. 24th. I was going to purchase this 3G around that time, but then decided to wait because by the Holidays they will probably announce a 32 gig model. By the time the Holidays approach then MW 09 is just around the corner. I figure I should just wait for the Version 3. It seems like torture to wait but I think this time next year I will be quite glad I did, plus I will have saved over $500 between Oct 08 and June 09, with the increase in fees with the iPhone 3G

Well I have to get it by atleast MW09 or the locals might whip my ass...:p

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I hope for a new iPhone release each summer because as goes the nature of technology, if something isn't released, we're living behind the times. I have a feeling with each new version the iPhone is going to gradually improve. This in fact might cause me to never own another make of cell phone again, but only time will tell.

This is why i wasn't overly excited by the fact that iPhone 3G is subsidized by AT&T. A new device comes out, half-way into the two-year contract, and you won't be able to upgrade at the lower price. Full price, yes. In the end, that may not be very different than what we did for V1.

DocHolliday

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
To a person who is not an iPhone owner. Not being biased about Apple, or just having to have the next tech gadget, would you recommend buying one. Also, consider this.

I just bought a Samsung Instinct through Sprint. I'm in a 30 day window right now where I can cancel my account without any penalty, and return the phone. The phone is good, it is not a true smart phone. I would say the ONLY thing I'm missing right now is the true great internet experience. The browser does not view properly like most web enabled phone due to formatting. Operamini does not have a version that works with this phone yet. You install it and it almost works and locks, and this is a universal problem with all Instinct users at this time.

Knowing that I think the contacts, phone features which includes, GPS, and landscape keyboard (Which many of you want) and tactile feedback from the buttons, and the ONLY thing I'm craving is the full blown web experience on a phone, would you suggest buying an iPhone simply for that reason, and that reason alone with the other flaws of the iPhone?