Another new "fix" from 2.1

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
Now when I update my applications it actually puts them back where they belong instead of updating them and leaving them on my home screen. What a pain that was!

tgeekb

Aug 4, 2008
That was a bit of a pain, glad they fixed it.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Ah, thanks for that info. When it happened to me i was like okay where did it go? I was so used to putting them back where i had them it wasn't funny. But when it happened and i realized what had happened, I was like, WOW. A mistake maybe? But you confirmed it was intentional.

Thanks Apple!

1buprofen

Jul 17, 2008
Has anyone tried syncing say mp4s to their phone since the update. I'm trying to sync some movies, and under the video tab it says, "Rented Movies" - there are no rented movies in your iTunes library that can be transfered to your phone? Am I overlooking something?

tbs

Bronze
Aug 23, 2008
Has anyone tried syncing say mp4s to their phone since the update. I'm trying to sync some movies, and under the video tab it says, "Rented Movies" - there are no rented movies in your iTunes library that can be transfered to your phone? Am I overlooking something?
I converted some movie DVD's and video files from youtube and iTunes put them into the Video tab under Movies. When I rented a movie from iTunes it put it under the Video tab under Rented Movies.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I still haven't gone to 2.1 but I'm going to give the Jailbreak ago this afternoon. This is definitely another one of the positive fixes Apple has decided to grace us with.