Another would be iPhone Killer?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So every non-android or non-Apple phone is doomed because WebOS failed? I think there's a market for a Linux phone.
I don't think a Linux phone will have the broad consumer appeal of an iPhone or Android phone.

"You yell Linux, everybody says 'Huh? What?' You yell shark, and we have a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July." - Larry Vaughn, mayor of Amity

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It might do as well as Linux distros do on PCs - no where near as well as OS X or Windows, but still a viable market.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't think a Linux phone will have the broad consumer appeal of an iPhone or Android phone.

"You yell Linux, people say 'Huh?' You yell shark, and you have a panic on the Fourth of July." - Larry Vaughn, mayor of Amity
Oh, I wasn't implying that. I agree that it won't be anywhere near as popular. But that doesn't mean it will fail.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
But in regards to the thread title - Why does everything new have to be an "iPhone killer"? Does a platform have to surpass Apple to be successful?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So to name a few features, it has the fastest multicore processor available, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB storage, an HD sapphire crystal display, stereo speakers, dual-LTE, NFC, 8 MP low-light camera, 2 MP front camera, fully integrated Ubuntu desktop PC when docked, it dual boots Android and Ubuntu and it's unlocked.

Not bad.