Another year... Another String of Crud iPhones.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Just got back from the genius bar after my iPhone 5 wouldn't charge or sync at all. Tried 3 different leads.

Got a replacement. Needed to restore to then restore from iCloud Backup. NOW error -1. Hardware issue.

If I don't get this phone restored tonight I'll be taking the iPhone 5 back and getting a Galaxy SIII.

Sorry, Rant over.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Just got back from the genius bar after my iPhone 5 wouldn't charge or sync at all. Tried 3 different leads.

Got a replacement. Needed to restore to then restore from iCloud Backup. NOW error -1. Hardware issue.

If I don't get this phone restored tonight I'll be taking the iPhone 5 back and getting a Galaxy SIII.

Sorry, Rant over.
Wish you had the spirit of Sharundra. She's gone through 4 or 5 iPhone 5's.

I do hope you enjoy your cheap, plastic, copied Samsung Galaxy SIII

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Wish you had the spirit of Sharundra. She's gone through 4 or 5 iPhone 5's.

I do hope you enjoy your cheap, plastic, copied Samsung Galaxy SIII
I wouldn't quite say it's a copy as the S3 is a completely different type of phone.

Sorry, Rant over.
The second you buy a Samsung S3 you'll regret it.

Hayesimus

Contributor
Bronze
Apr 12, 2012
Why do some people have issues with so many different phones and the rest of us can use the same iPhone for 3 years without any trouble?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Why do some people have issues with so many different phones and the rest of us can use the same iPhone for 3 years without any trouble?
My iPhone 5 is going back tomorrow (if I get time) as it's rattling. I'm 99% sure it's the vibrate motor and it's seriously annoying.

It'll always happen, you always get a few bad products here and there. Foxconn did state that they had used younger workers this time round, and those younger ones may not have been so bothered about the quality of the products they pushed out.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
My iPhone 5 is going back tomorrow (if I get time) as it's rattling. I'm 99% sure it's the vibrate motor and it's seriously annoying.

It'll always happen, you always get a few bad products here and there. Foxconn did state that they had used younger workers this time round, and those younger ones may not have been so bothered about the quality of the products they pushed out.
Rattling? Do you shake it while using it? If you do, I don't understand why. I just shook mine and it has a tiny rattle to it. I would have never noticed it tho. I don't shake it while using. I haven't had any problem with my phone.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Rattling? Do you shake it while using it? If you do, I don't understand why. I just shook mine and it has a tiny rattle to it. I would have never noticed it tho. I don't shake it while using. I haven't had any problem with my phone.
I don't shake my phone while using it. When you pick it up, you can hear the rattle. When your walking whilst on the phone you can hear the rattle.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
That would annoy the heck out of me. That's tantamount to buying a Mercedes with 10 miles on the car it's rattling on small bumps in the road. Apple is held to a higher standard and when you pay that type of money for a phone, you expect QUALITY! I was fortunate to get a good unit first time around. I can certainly understand everyone's frustration if the phone does not meet your expectations. However, settling for a Samsung SIII would be like driving a Kia instead of a Mercedes.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
However, settling for a Samsung SIII would be like driving a Kia instead of a Mercedes.
In a collision that Kia is going to stand up. That Mercedes is going to require you to use your AppleCare.

You have to remember illusion goes through 6 iPhones every release.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I can relate to what, Illusions saying. I replaced three iPhone 3GS due to dead pixels etc.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Someone has to go through all this hassle so that folks like me can get a flawless iPhone first time every time. It's gotta all balance out somehow. So I thank you.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I had 1 iPhone 2G, 1 3G, 1 iPhone 4, 1 iPhone 4S, and finally only 1 iPhone 5. All were perfect. The original iPhone towards the end of the year had an issue with the power button but I've been lucky so far.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey

Sorry, Rant over.
So, how's the girlfriend issue?

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Just noticed when I press on my top right hand of the screen on my white 5 it makes a clicking noise like the screen is loose