Answer iPhone in Speaker mode

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rekozlo

Sep 21, 2007
I haven't activated my iPhone yet so I haven't been able to search this myself.

Is it possible to set the phone to answer in speaker phone mode? I want to do this while driving as our state is hands free and I can't use Bluetooth headset because of hearing aid interference.

It appears you have to tap twice to get into speaker phone. Once to get call and once to get speaker.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
well, unless that is one awesome hearing aid, that speakerphone isn't going to do you much good while driving.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
If I were you I would use the ear phones it comes with, you squeeze the wire on the one side and it answers the phone.

Sorry, I read too fast and did not see the hearing aid.

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Heheh,

the iPhone speakerphone is garbage handsdown, you won't be able to hear anything if your in the car. Your best bet is to either pickup a bluetooth headset or use the earbuds it came with.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I haven't activated my iPhone yet so I haven't been able to search this myself.

Is it possible to set the phone to answer in speaker phone mode? I want to do this while driving as our state is hands free and I can't use Bluetooth headset because of hearing aid interference.

It appears you have to tap twice to get into speaker phone. Once to get call and once to get speaker.
I would not be surprised if you will be unable to hear the phone ringing while driving. The ring volume in my oppinion is too low. And I just had my hearing tested so I know that is not the issue.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Wow, a lot of you apparently have either loud vehicles, or there is something wrong with your phones. I can use the Speaker option just fine When driving the surface streets. Highway is a little more difficult with the phone in the cradle, but not impossible.
Also, as an alternative to just the speaker phone, if you have a line in jack for your car radio or a tape deck, get the Seidio adapter with the mic and you can have a Much louder speakerphone through the stereo in your car.

hutchensgd

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Wow, a lot of you apparently have either loud vehicles, or there is something wrong with your phones. I can use the Speaker option just fine When driving the surface streets. Highway is a little more difficult with the phone in the cradle, but not impossible.
Also, as an alternative to just the speaker phone, if you have a line in jack for your car radio or a tape deck, get the Seidio adapter with the mic and you can have a Much louder speakerphone through the stereo in your car.
My Alfa Romeo (see avatar) makes plenty of noise. And I like it that way!