Answering calls on iPhone 3G

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
Has anyone expirienced this problem? Everytime I get a call whether the screen is locked or unlocked and I try to answer the touch screen doesn't respond unless I press the home button :( after I press the home button I can then answer the phone and this never happened with the iPhone v1 any ideas?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Ok, it's these kinds of posts that are keeping me from buying the 3g.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would suggest trying a restore. It can never really hurt. If that doesn't work then it could be a problem with your hardware and I would suggest going to Apple and speaking with a genius.

hammer

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
I would suggest trying a restore. It can never really hurt. If that doesn't work then it could be a problem with your hardware and I would suggest going to Apple and speaking with a genius.

But you are a genius :p lol jk

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
yeah trying the restore method now hopefully that solves the problem if not im gonna have to go to the Apple store.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Never happened to me so far. And this weekend I've taken considerably more calls with my iPhone 3G because they found out I got one.:laugh2:

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
Never happened to me so far. And this weekend I've taken considerably more calls with my iPhone 3G because they found out I got one.:laugh2:
haha thats awesome well i just restored but haven't gotten any calls yet so i gotta wait and see hopefully that fixed it

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Can i hijack instead of creating a new thread.
Anyways, today i actually went out and for some reason got more calls than at home.
Well, the call comes through, i pick it up, then it goes black to save power..
Once i've said my good byes and they have hung up, i bring it down and look at it and it remains a black screen and i can't end the call and then, i click the sleep button, home button a few times, then when it revives or something, it is locked and i gota slide it to unlock it..
This has happened 4/5 times.

Any ideas?
What should i do?
Sorry about the hijack. just beats new thread.

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
Anyways, today i actually went out and for some reason got more calls than at home.
Once i've said my good byes and they have hung up, i bring it down and look at it and it remains a black screen and i can't end the call and then, i click the sleep button, home button a few times, then when it revives or something, it is locked and i gota slide it to unlock it..

Any ideas?
What should i do?
do u have a case on your iPhone?

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Just the original plastic. I'm afraid to remove it. Wheres the sensor?
It does go on and off from the power save mode to the call when i'm holding it and slightly move it.
Possibly the reason.

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
Just the original plastic. I'm afraid to remove it. Wheres the sensor?
It does go on and off from the power save mode to the call when i'm holding it and slightly move it.
Possibly the reason.
yeah thats probably gonna be the issue because the sensor is off to the left of the speaker

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.

Any ideas?
What should i do?

The reason this is happening to you is because the proximity sensor which is located to the left of the earpiece will get facial oil on the sensor and it thinks it's still against your face. When this happens, just rub your thumb over the earpiece area and you will see the screen come back on.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Perfect. Good answer.
I'll try it next time. So just clean the speaker thats at the ear and then hopefully it should be fine.
If i get a clear protective film and stick it on, will that also have an affect?

jester310

Aug 9, 2007
perfect, bottom or the top speaker?
If i get a clear protective film and stick it on, will that also have an affect?
top speaker and it wouldn't affect it so it would work perfectly

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
this same EXACT thing happened to me. i didn't do anything and now it just works all of a sudden, i was getting really pissed but it fixed itself..i guess just hang in there. or call Apple.