Anti-Adblock killer

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you are like me, there’s nothing that makes your blood boil more than going to a site and have the site start giving you nonsense about having to turn your ad blocker off.

I have just found something that may just fix that problem:

“...the adblocker-blocker has been born. It’s simple, really: it tricks sites that use anti-adblocker technology into thinking you aren’t using an adblocker.”

Click here to skip the article and go straight to the installation page.

Note that you may have to restart your browser after installation of the script.

Tell these publishers you’re not going to take it!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
If that really works, I'll be grateful to you and the developers forever. I absolutely hate websites that don't allow you access unless you turn the ad-blocker off; I understand that it is sometimes their main source of revenue, though, so I just turn them off for that reason.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If that really works, I'll be grateful to you and the developers forever. I absolutely hate websites that don't allow you access unless you turn the ad-blocker off; I understand that it is sometimes their main source of revenue, though, so I just turn them off for that reason.
The patch has definitely done the job right on Forbes’ website. I haven’t seen that damned warning on other sites, so I have to assume it’s doing its job there, too.

We’ve been blocking ads for years. We fast-forward past commercials on TV shows if the TV show was recorded, and if we run into a full-page ad on a newspaper, we turn the page. Why should it be any different on the Internet?

Imagine if a newspaper page refused to be turned until you’ve spent at least 30 seconds looking at the advertisement!

Or if you couldn’t fast-forward past the commercials on your TiVo! Outrageous, right? Same goes for the Internet.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I wonder if the ads that are being blocked still count as having been viewed. I would hate to see sites that are solely ad supported be denied the revenue, this site being the one I'm primarily thinking of. Sites like Forbes or CBS or other corporate sites I could care less about.