Anti-glare crystal film screen protectors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Just as an FYI, I was in the Apple store yesterday using my $100 credit and I saw crystal film has new anti-glare screen protectors. I bought a set to try them out. I like them, no more glare although the protector can look a little grainy at times. My favorite part is that the protector is much smoother than the original crystal film set and is almost 100% smudge proof.

Overall, I think I like it better than the original because although it "dulls" the screen a little I offset that by turning up the brightness. Also, in the car at night the screen would hurt my eyes, now the light from the iPhone in the night is gentle on my eyes.

jonallan

Jul 1, 2007
Just as an FYI, I was in the Apple store yesterday using my $100 credit and I saw crystal film has new anti-glare screen protectors. I bought a set to try them out. I like them, no more glare although the protector can look a little grainy at times. My favorite part is that the protector is much smoother than the original crystal film set and is almost 100% smudge proof.

Overall, I think I like it better than the original because although it "dulls" the screen a little I offset that by turning up the brightness. Also, in the car at night the screen would hurt my eyes, now the light from the iPhone in the night is gentle on my eyes.
Second that. I picked up the Power Support Anti-Glare Film using some of my $100 credit too. As dumb as it might sound, the mere fact that I can now read the screen/demo it to someone without having to clean off any prints or smudges for $7.50 (there are 2 in the set) makes this product definitely worth it.

$14.95 for a set of 2 from Apple

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E07A&nplm=TP497LL/A

netronin

Aug 17, 2007

It's funny but I grabbed these by mistake (just grabbed a package because I didn't know they came out with a new version) but do think they are better. The only downside I've found is when I had the previous set I remember how you could not even tell the protector was on there but this one you can see it. The updside (like mentioned) is there is no glare and smudges are much less.

frjps

Jun 20, 2007
Pics?

Can someone post a pic of their iPhone with the 2 different screen protectors? I want to get one but not sure which one now...

Fant

Sep 9, 2007
Has no one purchased the Anti-glare version of these power crystal screen protectors? I'm still trying to figure out which is better.

Sep 21, 2007
Where to purchase

Has no one purchased the Anti-glare version of these power crystal screen protectors? I'm still trying to figure out which is better.
Do you recommend an online store to purchase these at a bit cheaper price than the Apple Store? Not that 14 is bad but 7.50 is better ya know?

Also, I am looking for a case or a sleeve to hold the iPhone. I have these nightmarish dreams where I drop it on concrete and I would love to end them. (lol)

Any recommendations will help greatly and thank you in advance!

jonallan

Jul 1, 2007
Do you recommend an online store to purchase these at a bit cheaper price than the Apple Store? Not that 14 is bad but 7.50 is better ya know?

Also, I am looking for a case or a sleeve to hold the iPhone. I have these nightmarish dreams where I drop it on concrete and I would love to end them. (lol)

Any recommendations will help greatly and thank you in advance!
sorry just to clarify, i bought these for 14.95. the 7.50 reference was an 'each' cost, coming into play if you figure you could sell the extra one or just buy the set with someone else.

as far as a case, i've tried numerous cases and what it boils down to is how youre going to use it (e.g what environments) and how much of the convenience and 'flash' factor you're willing to sacrifice. there are a couple slim hard cases by agent18 and seidio that are pretty good, and i know someone who is very happy with the contour showcase. personally, i ended up ponying up the cash for a vaja top sp case. i've bought vaja's cases for a number of my previous gadgets and despite the price, you can't argue too much with the quality of materials and craftsmanship of a vaja case.

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
I just picked up a set of these. All I can say is WOW. I'm getting almost no glare, smudges aren't a problem, and the touch screen seems much more responsive. I'm using it with an agent 18 case an am very happy with my purchase. Highly recommended!

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I bought the anti-glare as well, but returned it after 1.5 weeks. To me, it made the phone look like my Old Treo, and seemed to dull the phone display too much. I bought the crystal and I like it a LOT better... But I also like glossy laptop displays over "matte" finish... I think it's just an overall preference. The crystal overlay hardly smudges at all. I was surprised and thought it would smudge as if it were naked, or at least more than the anti-glare, but this was not the case for me.

Bumfudley

Sep 20, 2007
does the anti glare tale away from the shinyness of the screen? I kind of like the glossiness
Yes, it does. The anti-glare film gives the screen a matte finish, akin to what you'd get on a MacBook Pro without the glossy screen. I prefer the matte finish, but some have a preference for glossy. In that case, I'd suggest the power support crystal screen protector.