Any 1.1.1's left?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Can we still find 1.1.1 iPhones in Apple stores? I'm getting mine this weekend and wanted to know if any of you who recently have purchased your iPhones know if any 1.1.1 models are still stocked at the stores or not.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
any special reason to have 1.1.1? If you buy the 1.1.2 you can easily downgrade and jailbreak 1.1.2. Sure its not as easy as just using jailbreakme.com, but it sure isn't hard by any means.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
any special reason to have 1.1.1? If you buy the 1.1.2 you can easily downgrade and jailbreak 1.1.2. Sure its not as easy as just using jailbreakme.com, but it sure isn't hard by any means.
Hi Ad! I'm still learning all about the iPhone terminology but correct me if I'm wrong...

Does Jailbreaking = being able to install programs? If so I plan on doing this as well. For me I'm on T mobile and want the iPhone to replace my T mobile Dash. For me I'd have to unlock it.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
There are still some left...even at Apple stores. Was able to get my hands on 2 v1.1.1 at the Apple store but that was because he pulled them from the back and not from the cabinet they are usually stored in.

otherwise goto small ATT stores, they will have a small turn over ratio and might have some v1.1.1 left

Good luck

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
There are still some left...even at Apple stores. Was able to get my hands on 2 v1.1.1 at the Apple store but that was because he pulled them from the back and not from the cabinet they are usually stored in.

otherwise goto small ATT stores, they will have a small turn over ratio and might have some v1.1.1 left

Good luck
Sloppy, do they make you activate it there or can I walk in, pay the 399.99 + Tax and walk out like at the Apple store?

Apple store in chicago will not sell a 1.1.1 otb phone ive tried..
Chris, are you talking about the one on Michigan Ave? I was there a week ago with my girlfriend. I forgot to ask them if they have any 1.1.1s left though. If so, looks like I need to start calling around...Chris do you think all the Apple stores are only stocking the 1.1.2s now? If possible, there's an Apple store at Old Orchard mall I can go to as well. I'll check and see if they have any 1.1s left in stock. If so I'll let you know

Rinkssss

Dec 10, 2007
adseguy,

is it possible to downgrade the iPhone....i have brand new 1.1.2...
but i don't want AT&T...so i'm unable to start the phone....
as per Chris...though i can jailbreak and downgrade...i can't unlock the iPhone because its 1.1.2 ...and his explanation also makes sense... please check the other topic......starting iPhones....
but do u think i can unlock the iPhones after downgrading?
Thanks!

Rinks

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
Sloppy, do they make you activate it there or can I walk in, pay the 399.99 + Tax and walk out like at the Apple store?

Chris, are you talking about the one on Michigan Ave? I was there a week ago with my girlfriend. I forgot to ask them if they have any 1.1.1s left though. If so, looks like I need to start calling around...Chris do you think all the Apple stores are only stocking the 1.1.2s now? If possible, there's an Apple store at Old Orchard mall I can go to as well. I'll check and see if they have any 1.1s left in stock. If so I'll let you know

yes im talking about the one on mich ave its like a couple blocks from my home ive gone in there several times asking for one they wont do it but i guess it doesn't hurt to try.. I think the best way probably to get a 1.1.1 would be to go to small att stores out in the burbs. but i don't know you may find a store here to sell you one idk though

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
yes im talking about the one on mich ave its like a couple blocks from my home ive gone in there several times asking for one they wont do it but i guess it doesn't hurt to try.. I think the best way probably to get a 1.1.1 would be to go to small att stores out in the burbs. but i don't know you may find a store here to sell you one idk though
Chris, do you know if they'll try to get me to activate it with them at the store or can I buy it outright and activate it on my own like at the Apple Store?

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
ATT will not activate your phone so no worries. All iPhones need to be activated when new through iTunes so they will send you home.

Find a cool ATT employee who you will think will look for a week 44 or less iPhone for you in their inventory. Most of them will considering they will make commission from the sale.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Thanks Sloppy! Time to start making some calls...see if I can hunt down a 1.1.1 at an AT&T store...

My friend just told me Apple's site now has refurbed iPhones...hmm I'm wondering if they would sell refurbed 1.1.1s or just up those to 1.1.2s as well

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
alright I found a store that still has some 1.1.1 in stock I had to ask th to look for it and they found a few she said. this store is in downtown Chicago on Chicago ave about 3 blocks west of Michigan ave. So if anyone is in Chicago that needs one there you go. This is a AT&T store

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
alright I found a store that still has some 1.1.1 in stock I had to ask th to look for it and they found a few she said. this store is in downtown Chicago on Chicago ave about 3 blocks west of Michigan ave. So if anyone is in Chicago that needs one there you go. This is a AT&T store
Haha! Thanks Chris. Did they say how many they have in stock? I'm gonna have to call there and see if they can hold a unit for me by Friday.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Bad news Chris...read my story below

Here's my story...today, I've been to 1 Apple store and 4 AT&T stores here in Chicago in the northern suburbs....PLUS I called 5 AT&T stores downtown. All said no. One guy at Lincolnwood mall took about an hour with another customer but promised to search the entire stock of I phones for me when he was done.

After about 15 mins he said all the serial #s have 47 as the 4th and 5th characters.

When I called the 5 stores in the downtown area (including the Chicago Ave. Store posted above), all of them told me Apple recalled their entire stock of week 44 and lower phones in the past 2 days and replaced their stock with 47 and up phones.

All of the above = 1.1.1 OOB= endangered species. At least out here. I even called my boy on AT&T who has one and offered him cash...he says...buy him a OOB 1.1.2 and he'll swap with me for that....

So that's where I am now guys....who knew getting an iPhone was this hard

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
wow thats super gay they had them when i had talked to them...
Chris I know. I called the same store downtown the same day you told me about them having the 1.1.1s. They were like "we have plenty iPhones...come on in and we'll check the stock for you. We have a mix of different versions...."

There's gotta be some store out here that has like 1-2 1.1.1s left...that's where I'll be tomorrow morning/afternoon.

I've already sold my T Mobile Dash and shipped it tonight. I need another phone and can't keep using this lil Nokia forever

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
check out the att store in bolingbrook near ikea they are a low volume store and may have them... btw the dash sucks... lol... wing is better...

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Chris, I'll do that in the morning. I don't want to have to make the trip all the way out to boilingbrook but in the end Gas will still cost less than the Ebay price check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280183258396&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

Thinking about selling your 1.1.1 hehe

Chris, do you really think the Wing is better than the Dash? I've played with the wing and it didn't' do it for me. The Dash reminded me of the Q which was my first smartphone. I loved that phone but hated my 175 month verizon bill.. So I knew that the Dash was for me.

I pimped it out with just about all the bling it can get but after a while, I was ready to step up to something I think its better....here we are lol

I really hope the boilingbrook store has the 1.1.1 iPhone left. I gotta get it...so I can be part of the "club"