Any 1st generation owners having second thoughts?

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I was at work, Hardly working and i was checking out pictures of people CAMPING OUT ALL OVER THE WORLD. Now when i think of the iPhone i think of the Outbreak chimp. Its a disease that Spread faster than thought possible. After watching countless videos of people unboxing and comparing; I find myself fighting the urge of upgrading. At first i really didn't want too and swore not to get it but temptation is a Motherwhopper. To help crave my Hunger, No I'm not getting a ball Park Frank. I'll buy the white slide on incase and with the update 2.0, Maybe that is all I Need to rekindle the Flame. Do any other V1 holders having second thoughts about not buying?

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Nope. The 2.0 software was enough to satisfy my urges. I'm glad I'll be saving $15 a month by not upgrading...

Jay
:)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I personally feel like all the new 3G'ers a just an extension to my already large family. I don't feel at all like a redheaded stepchild. I feel like an older brother.

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
The more hoopla I see, the less I feel I want to "upgrade" (bad word for this situation, but seems to be the accepted term). I'm actually trying to UPGRADE to a 16gig v1 phone myself. The 3g has no real improvement to offer me. Haven't had a chance to update to 2.0 yet, can't deal with losing my themes yet.:sick:

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Nope, especially with reports of real or perceived differences in display quality. Also, I've got too many personally useful apps on my jailbroken classic iPhone to even contemplate a v2 upgrade right now. It's however amusing to live vicariously through the new 2nd Gen owners...It's "day"ja vu all over again...:laugh2:

Wes61991

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Tennessee
Nope. Im perfectly fine with my v1. I think they look more expensive than the 3G. haha!

Jun 26, 2007
^^ Same here.
I would like the faster 3G, but thats pretty much all that interests me in the new one, and quite frankly, thats not enough for me to upgrade right now.
I will 100% be getting the next one, no matter what.
Also, the troubles with activation make me laugh. I TRULY don't understand how Apple and ATT fucked this up twice. Honestly... wow.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Nope. Im perfectly fine with my v1. I think they look more expensive than the 3G. haha!
I agree the v1 does look more expensive. A guy at work came to my desk to show me his new one & when I turned it over the back was covered in fingerprints.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Nope, especially after seeing it in person. Did not like the plastic at all. I thought it looked so cheap compared to the metal. And the fact that I don't have 3g here anyways, but that aside, it still doesn't have enough for me to upgrade, actually IMO in a way I am feeling like it would be downgrade from the metal back v1. The only thing for me would be more space, but thats not an issue for me yet.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Also, the others in the store with me who were watching me compare my v1 to v2 also complimented the v1 for the metal back.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Metal almost always feels and looks superior to plastic. Hold on to your v1 iPhone and mark my word - it'll will be worth a great deal soon!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm also going to wait a while to check one out in-person (hopefully when the craziness dies-down). I don't think it'll win me over, though.

What i would really like to do is upgrade to a 16GB v1, but i have already activated my Applecare on my current iPhone... grrr.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
i'm also going to wait a while to check one out in-person (hopefully when the craziness dies-down). I don't think it'll win me over, though.

What i would really like to do is upgrade to a 16GB v1, but i have already activated my Applecare on my current iPhone... grrr.
I thought that there was a way you could carry over your Applecare?
I think JJ was having a similar issue a while back.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just got back for an ATT store to look at the phone. Not impressed at all. The back is cheap looking and was so full of finger prints it looked gray instead of black. I would be constantly cleaning it.
I will wait and be eligible for an upgrade on the next one.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Ok, yes, I wasn't sure but I remember that JJ had that question awhile back when he was thinking of upgrading, I just didn't remember the answer.:eek:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Just got back for an ATT store to look at the phone. Not impressed at all. The back is cheap looking and was so full of finger prints it looked gray instead of black. I would be constantly cleaning it.
I will wait and be eligible for an upgrade on the next one.
That's how I felt when I saw it.:eek: