Any advantage to 6.0.2 over 6.0.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by NHL Fever, Jan 26, 2013.

1. NHL Fever

NHL Fever Member
    Bronze

I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not. Sounds like the only improvement is a bug fix for a possible wifi issue. I've never had any wifi issues. I'm also reading that it may worsen battery life.

Sounds like it doesn't matter either way wrt jailbreak, it would likely work for both when released.

So should I upgrade?

Also just to clarify - upgrading now would go to 6.0.2 not 6.1 right? 6.1 is not out yet right?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But it goes to 6.0.2, so when you need that extra push over the cliff, it's one more...

6.1 is not out yet. You'd go to 6.0.2 if you upgraded now.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Don't bother with 6.0.2. It's nothing more than a WiFi bug fix and the official release of 6.1 is right around the corner. The final 6.1 beta came out yesterday. It can be activated without a developer registration code and it has no release-type lockdown keys. So this version is basically a GM (Gold Master) and releasable as a public 6.1.

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No advantage (wifi ...yes right!) if anything disadvantage as some users report poor battery life after update. Wait for 6.1.

Sent using iCafe app

5. NHL Fever

NHL Fever Member
    Bronze

Ok thanks for the advice. I'm working on the assumption that if the iOS6 JB gets released, it would be after 6.1 and thereforee good for 6.1? On the off chance that it would not, I will probably hang onto 6.0.1 until the JB is released.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The jailbreak will be for 6.1.